A media relations primer to Speak Now Hamilton - a new speakers' bureau launched by the Hamilton Roundtable for Poverty Reduction. What is news? Interviewing 101 and other ways to generate media
A media relations primer to Speak Now Hamilton - a new speakers' bureau launched by the Hamilton Roundtable for Poverty Reduction. What is news? Interviewing 101 and other ways to generate media coverage.
Cable 14 – Hamilton Life
Stoney Creek News
Raise the Hammer
Features and profiles
5 ways to
• Ask the reporter if you can review
the story before it runs.
• Ask the reporter to send you a copy
of the story after it runs.
• Talk with the reporter for an hour
and then say “but don’t quote me on
• Pull a disappearing act and never get
back to a reporter. Ignore phone calls
• Make a big deal out of a small
5 ways to
Be helpful. Respect deadlines.
Follow up and let the reporter
know what happened as a result
of the media coverage.
• Be a consumer of local news.
Read, watch and listen.
Training Bible by
10 Steps to Writing a
Vital Speech by