Subfields of Urban Landscape Photography
• Cityscape Photography: When the whole city is captured using
clean and polished lines.
• Architectural Photography: Focuses in on a specific building
or a group of buildings in and effort to document the city’s
• Street Photography: Documents the life or the people living
and interacting within the city. Attempting to showcase the
culture of the city.
Urban Landscape vs. Documentary Photography
• Urban landscape photography is closely related to
Documentary photography… but there are some differences.
• It doesn't chronicle significant events that are historical in
• Its a little disorganized in that images of random cites,
building and people are taken with no specific intent or
knowledge of the persons life.
• Tends to focus on the present.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.