Summer Institute (BBSI)
NIBIB-NSF (tentative) May 25 - July 31, 2009
Bioengineering and Bioinformatics
Be a part of this state-of-the-art undergraduate research experience!
• Are you a junior or senior undergraduate student that is
interested in bioengineering and/or bioinformatics?
• Are you thinking about graduate school in these areas?
This great summer opportunity is for you!
Our focus - bioengineering/bioinformatics. We emphasize four major research
• Computational Systems Biology
• Computational Bio-Imaging
• Computational Physiology
How to apply
• ONLINE Application Deadline: February 2, 2009
• To apply please visit http://www.bbsi.sbes.vt.edu/ and follow the
instructions for submitting the application materials.
Student Housing and Support
• Stipend for the 10-week program;
• Subsistence, including on-campus housing, a meal card, access and use of
library and recreation/sports facilities;
Each student is provided with a computer and software to complete coursework,
workshop exercises, and research projects.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability,
gender, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having
questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity.