3. THE GREAT WALL Why was it formed and why is it there? The wall was made to keep away Mongol invaders from coming into china but the invaders found away around the wall so the wall was not successful Over the centuries the wall has been used by the Chinese army as a warning that invaders were coming and a first defence.
4. TERRACOTTA ARMY Why was it formed and why is it there? The terracotta army was discovered in 1974 and is an army of 7,000 life size models of people and horses made from earth and clay. The Chinese believe that they were made for emperor Qin after his death.
5. The forbidden city Why was it formed and why is it there? The forbidden city began construction in 1406 and took 14 years to make. It is in the middle of Beijing. Mao Zedong’s tomb is in the forbidden city. It was used for political purposes and was a home to Ming and Qing Emperors. It is the worlds biggest palace complex and is 720,000 sq m and is as big as Auckland. Yellow is the royal colour of the city and it the colour of the buildings roofs.
6. Things to do and see in China
7. Things to do and see in china Summer palace- gorgeous gardens The great wall- visible from outer space!!! Terracotta army-army of clay people and horses Li river- take a cruise down the river and see the amazing buildings
8. Chinese festivals Chinese new year Lantern festival Dragon boat Spring Mid-autumn