6th - The Susceptible Host-The organism that accepts thepathogenThe support of pathogen life & itsreproduction depend on the degree of the host’s resistance.
Organisms with strong immunesystems are better able to fend off pathogens. What are some body defenses that defend a healthy body?
Organisms with weakened immune systems are more vulnerable to thesupport & reproduction of pathogens. Can you think of examples?
How to interrupt the Chain of Infection:-The essential part of patient care & self-protection.
1. Pathogen Identification -Identification of infectiousagent & appropriate treatment
2. Asepsis & Hygiene -Potential hosts & carriers must practice asepsis & maintainproper personal hygiene Asepsis: free from infection
3. Control Portals of Exit -Healthcare personnel mustpractice standard precautions: Standard precautions: Precautions for all body fluids.
(Control body secretions & wash hands according to protocol.)
4. Prevent a Route of Transmission-Prevent direct or indirect contact by:1. Proper handwashing2. Disinfection & sterilization techniques3. Isolation of infected patients4. Using techniques to prevent transmission your pathogens.
5. Protect Portal of Entry-Health professionals must make sure that ports of entry are not subjected to pathogens.Use of handwashing and personalprotective equipment as needed.
6. Recognition of Susceptible Host-Health professionals must recognize & protect high-risk patients