Information management educationPresentation Transcript
Information Management Education Prepared by: Roselyn P. Cea Jane L. Garay
Information Management Education The term emerged from Medical Librarianship in the 1980’s
It refers to instructing the users to identification, retrieval,evaluation, and use of information.
Since we have already discussedINFORMATION LITERACY in oursubject and also in the seminar…
Let’s have some sort of QUIZZ..
1. ____________________ refers to the ability to identify what information is needed, understand how the information is organized, identify the best sources of information, locate those sources, evaluate the sources critically, and 2. ____________ the information. NIFOIOMRATN ACYTELIR SRAEH
1. INFORMATION LITERACY 2. SHARE
3. It is the category of information that contains validated data which is from scientific research. A. Hard Information B. Soft Information
4. It is the category of information that contains opinionated information A. Hard Information B. Soft Information
5. Publications disseminate research and academic discussion among professionals within disciplines. A. Popular B. Trade C. Scholarly
6. Publications which are neither scholarly nor popular sources, though sometimes are combination of both, allow practitioners in specific industries to share market and production information that improves their business. A. Popular B. Trade C. Scholarly
7. Publications inform and entertain the general public. A. Popular B. Trade C. Scholarly
8. These are the unedited, firsthand acess to words, images, or objects created by persons directly involved in an activity or event or speaking directly for a group.
8. PRIMARY SOURCES
9. These are sources which analyzed, compiled and digest secondary sources included mostly in abstracts, bibliographies, handbooks, encyclopedias, etc.
9. TERTIARY SOURCES
10. These are the commentary upon, or analysis of, events, ideas, or primary sources.
10. SECONDARY SOURCES
11. Which is not an example of Primary Sources?A. Diary c. TextbooksB. Manuscripts d. Interview
12. It is the collection of dataarranged for ease and speed of search and retrieval.
13. Every database contains only certain types and amounts of information, a characteristic called ____________.
14-15. Give the twoInformation LiteracyModels/Techniques.
14-15SUPER THREE BIG 6
16-18. What are the three skills in Super Three?
16-18 PLAN DOREVIEW
19. A systematic, painstakinginvestigation of a topic, or in a field of study.
20-23. Enumerate threeconventions used for creating a Search Query.
20-23 QUOTATION MARKS LOGICAL OR BOOLEAN OPERATORSWILDCARDS/TRUNCATION SYMBOLS NESTING
24. What do you call theconnecting words that narrow orbroaden a search to include only what you need.
24. LOGICAL OR BOOLEAN OPERATORS
25. What do you call the conventions for the terms thathave variant forms of spelling or different possible endings.
25. WILDCARDS/TRUNCATION SYMBOLS
Why do you think Information Literacy in important?