1. ElizabethCity State University Elizabeth City State University G.R. Little Library G.R. Little LibraryHow to Find a Book in the Library’s Online CatalogPrepared by: Jamillah Scott-BranchTechnology and Media Services LibrarianElizabeth City State UniversityG.R. Little Library
2. How to Find a Book in the Library’s Online CatalogIn order to find a book in our online catalog, you will need to go to www.ecsu.edu. Oncethere, click on the tab for Library that is located beneath the ECSU banner. The page belowshould appear.
3. Once you are on the Library’s web page, Click the link for Library CatalogClick Here to access ourCatalog
4. After clicking on the link for the library’s Catalog, the library catalog search pagewill appear. Once here, you are able to search for books by words or phase, author, title, subject, etc. Begin your search here.
5. To find a book, enter the title, author or subject relevant for your research Example: If you were looking for books about President Barack Obama, you would enter his name in the “words or phrase” search box then press the blue search button. If you were looking for books by President Obama, you would enter his name in the “author” search box then press the blue search button.
6. After entering your search terms, you will receive a list of search results The search results page will tell you how many titles were found on your topic and provide you with a list of titles. At this point, you will click on the title most relevant to your research.
7. Click on the title of interest to you and look for the call numberand location The call number and location will tell you where the book is located in the library Print this page for your records. Here you have all the info needed to find this book and cite it.
8. Ask a Librarian for Help If at any time you need assistance finding items in the library, please do not hesitate to ask a Librarian for assistance.