• To understand what different types of storage
device are there and when should they be
• To understand the hardware components
that make up networked computer
systems, how they interact, and how they
affect cost and performance.
• Optical disks
• Magnetic media
• Solid State Drives (SSD)
• Memory cards
• Network devices
• Cloud storage
Solid State Drives (SSD)
• You will be working in pairs. One will play the role of
host/technical guru the other will be asking the
• Come up with a storage/backup problem and record
your solution using Audacity.
Try and create a scenario for
each type of storage.
“Hi you’ve reached the tech phone in. How can I help?”
“Hi, I have loads of images saved on my laptop that are slowing
down performance. What should I use to store them?”
“What is the total size of all the images?”
“Well that’s too large for a CD so either a DVD or a memory stick
could be best.”
• Set a challenging Phone-in scenario for
• Answer their scenario.
In pairs you have 2 minutes to share one thing
you have learnt in today’s lesson and how it will
That’s 1 minute each to talk about what you
have learnt in todays lesson.