• Like
Questionnaire and graphs analysis
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

Questionnaire and graphs analysis

  • 362 views
Published

 

  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Be the first to comment
    Be the first to like this
No Downloads

Views

Total Views
362
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1

Actions

Shares
Downloads
2
Comments
0
Likes
0

Embeds 0

No embeds

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
    No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. For my research I went outside of school to ask thepublic to fill in questionnaires I have created for myresearch. I made 30 questionnaires and got 17 ofthem filled in by the general public. I carried out myresearch in Birmingham City centre where I wentaround asking different people questions to do withmusic magazines.The people who answered them in are mainly betweenthe age of 16 and 25. The people also like differenttypes of music such as Pop, R&B, Dubstep, Rock etc.I have converted my results into pie charts to showmy data from my questionnaires and I have analysedit.My questionnaire had a total of 11 questions where 9of them required a tick in a box and the other 2 just ashort written answer.
  • 2. How old are you? Whats your gender ? 6% 6% 0-15 16-25 41% Male 26-35 Female 59% 88%As you can see by my piechart for the results of the As you can see the results forquestion’ how old are you?’ this questionnaire is that Ithe majority of people I asked asked the questionnaire to 7are between the ages of 16-25 males and 10 females. So out ofand a smaller number of the people I asked 41% arepeople aged between 0-15 and male and 59% are female.26-35. Out of the 17 people Iasked 88% of them was agedbetween 16-25 and 6 % ofpeople were aged between 0-15 and 6% for 26-35. So mytarget audience is going to bebetween the age of 16-25.
  • 3. What is your favourite kind of music ? Do you read music magazines? 15% 18% 4% Rock 24% Dubstep R&B yes 19% 18% Pop no Reggae Other 76% 26%As you can see from the pie chart As you can see most of theI gave the option of people I asked don’t tend toRock, Dubstep, R&B, Pop, Regga read music magazines onlye, Other. For rock 18% of people 24% of people I asked readchose this, 19% of people chose music magazines the other 76%Dubstep, 25% chose R&B, 19% don’t. Which is quite surprisingchose pop, 4% of people chose as I would of thought morereggae and 15% of people chose people would be moreother. So out of the people I interested in reading musicasked most people chose R&B as magazinesthere favourite kind of music.
  • 4. Do you know of any music magazines? How much are you willing to spend on a music magazine? 0% 12% 18% £0-£0.99 £1-£1.50 47% Yes £1.51-£1.99 No 35% 53% £2-£2.99 35% Over £3Nobody was willing to pay over As you can see only 53% of£3 for a magazine as they found the people I asked know of athat to be to much. The price certain music magazine andpeople was willing to pay was the other 47% don’t know ofeither £1.51- £1.99 or £1-£1.99. any particular musicWhich is quite a cheap, reasoned magazines with is quiteprice for a magazine and most of surprising and I would predictthe target audience would be most people would know of atwilling to pay that. least one music magazine.
  • 5. How often do you think music magazines should be published ? 6% 6% 35% Kerrang 24%24% 35% Once a week NME Twice a week Top Of The Pops Once every 2 weeks Rock Sound Once a Month 29% Enemy 12% 29%For the people that answered ‘yes’ As you can see here, I have askedfor knowing of any music how often you think musicmagazines I told them to state magazines should be publishedwhich magazines they know of and and I have gave the option Once athe most common magazine written week, twice a week, Once every 2down was kerrang where 35% of weeks and once a month. 35% ofthe people know of it and NME people opted for once a week andwhere 29% of the people write it 29% for once every two weeksdown. The other magazines the which makes up the majority soaudience know of are Enemy, Top they would like to see an issuesof the pops and rock sound. about 2-3 times a month.
  • 6. What is you occupational status ? Out of the people I asked 46% of the people were students. Which shows more 23% Student that students have an 47% Part time work interest in music magazines. Full time work 24% of people were 12% Unemployed unemployed, 18% part time work and 12% in full time 18% work.What contents would you like to see in a music From my results quite a lot magazine? of people would like to see 3% 3% 3% Music updates concert and festival ticket 15% Concert and festival information and the latest 6% tickets charts. Also music updates 9% Charts was a popular choice for a Interviews music magazine. Other 21% 40% Competitions choices people opted for were free Posters items, posters, interviews and competitions.
  • 7. Do you like knowing about update aboutmusic artists and their songs and albums ? A lot of people have a general interest in music and like to know updates about songs 24% and albums by artists. That’s Yes why 76% of the people I asked No said yes to wanting to know 76% updates about songs and albums. I asked the question of’ Acocks Green What are do you live in?’ 18% 17% Small Heath and I got a load of Mosely different areas people live 12% 12% Hall Green in, as you can see on the Tysely graph. Most people live in 6% 6% Solihul either Acocks Kings Heath 12% Green, sparkhill and Hall 17% Sparkhill Green.
  • 8. Most of my target audience are into Pop, R&B and Dubstep. As in myresearch I wanted to find out whats peoples favourite kind of music was.25% of peoples favourite kind of music was Pop and 19 % of people optedfor R&B and Dubstep. Surprisingly on 24% of the people I asked actuallyread music magazines and the other 76% don’t read music magazines ona genuine basis. I also found out areas people lived in who answered myquestionnaire by stating there area into the question. My research foundout that most people I got to answer my questionnaire lived in Hall Greenwith 18% of the people living there. 17% of the people live in AcocksGreen and also 17% live in Sparkhill. Also the people would prefer to see amusic magazine published every weeks as 35% of the people I askedopted for that. Also 46% of the people who answered are currentlystudents so it shows the magazine has a young target audience.