1. Investments in technology companies March 1-16 By Jaanika MeriloWhen Company Fund Investor Activity Site raised (MUSD)March 2012 4s3 Bioscience 20,0 KLP Enterprises. 4s3 is developing http://www.4s3bioscience.com/ therapies for orphan genetic muscle diseases by utilizing an antibody- based targeting system.March 2012 500friends 4,5 Crosslink Capital Social technologies for http://500friends.com/ e-commerce websites.March 2012 Aarki NA Walden Venture Capital Mobile software http://www.aarki.com/ technology that enables advertisers to contextually target their offerings.March 2012 Accipiter System 0,7 NA Developer of variety of http://www.accipitersystems.com/ data communication systems for custom military and commercial applications.March 2012 Adaptive Lighting 0,1 AIB Seed Capital Fund A developer of LED lighting systems.March 2012 Adaptive Planning 22,0 Norwest Venture Cloud-based corporate http://www.adaptiveplanning.com  Partners, Cardinal performance Venture Capital, management software. Clairmont Capital, Monitor Ventures and ONSET VenturesMarch 2012 Adelphic Mobile 2,0 Matrix Partners Software to improve the http://www.adelphic.com/ ability for advertisers to target users on mobile devices.March 2012 Allylix 18,2 BASF Venture Capital, Developer of terpenes at http://www.allylix.com/ Cultivian Ventures. low cost for commercial applications in a variety of industries.March 2012 Amplidata 8,0 Intel Capital, Swisscom. Amplidata has http://www.amplidata.com/ developed storage technology that it says is 10,000 times more reliable than current RAID-based technologies.March 2012 Appcelerator 16,0 Mayfield Fund, Creator of a platform http://www.appcelerator.com/     TransLink Capital, Red used by developers to Hat, eBay, Sierra create iOS and Android Ventures and Storm apps. VenturesMarch 2012 Appirio 60,0 General Atlantic,  Provider of cloud  http://www.appirio.com/  Sequoia Capital and applications and GGV Capital. platforms to businessesMarch 2012 Apptio 50,0 T. Rowe Price Group, Software which helps http://www.apptio.com/ Andreessen Horowitz, information-technology Greylock Partners, departments track and Madrona Venture manage how much they Group, and Shasta spend on different Ventures. products and services.March 2012 Aragon Pharmaceuticals 42,0 Topspin Partners, Developer of a pipeline http://www.aragonpharmaceuticals.c Aisling Capital, of new anti-endocrine om/ OrbiMed Advisors,The therapies for the Column Group. treatment of hormone resistant cancers.March 2012 Aurality Technologies 0,3 angel investors Web radio application. www.aurality.com
2. March 2012 BioScale 5,3 NA Developer of protein http://www.bioscale.com/ measurement technologies to accelerate drug discovery and production.March 2012 Boku 75,0 New Enterprise Developer of online http://www.boku.com  Associates (NEA), mobile payment Telefónica Digital,  services in 67 countries. Andreessen Horowitz, Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures, Index Ventures and Khosla Ventures.March 2012 BrandYourself.com 1,2 Zelkova The first do-it-yourself https://brandyourself.com/ Ventures, Barney Pell,  platform to help people former head search control their own search strategist at Microsoft, results. and Carl Shramm,  former CEO of Kauffman Foundation.March 2012 BrightEdge 12,6 Intel Capital Developer of a search http://www.brightedge.com   engine optimization platform used by more than 2,000 brands and digital agencies to attract customers.March 2012 Cebix 8,8 NA Developer of treatments http://www.cebix.com/ (looking for type I diabetic for 0,2) neuropathy.March 2012 CellScape 9,3 NA Creater of technology http://www.cellscapecorp.com/ enabling noninvasive, fetal genetic testing during the period of 8- 14 weeks of pregnancy.March 2012 Cerahelix 0,3 NA Developer of DNA- http://www.cerahelix.com/ based way to produce advanced nanofiltration membranes for water re- use & recyclingMarch 2012 Chegg 25,0 NA  Developer of a social  http://www.chegg.com/  education platform used by students for homework help, course selection and textbook rentalMarch 2012 CodeGuard 1,3 Probably Imlay Security technology https://www.codeguard.com/ Investments companyMarch 2012 ContactMonkey 0,8 Plazacorp Ventures  Lets you easily share http://contactmonkey.com/ your contact details via a link in your email signature.March 2012 D2S 12,6 NA Developer of software http://www.design2silicon.com/ that enables "direct write e-beam lithography for production of system-on- a-chip integrated circuits."March 2012 Drama Feaver 4,5 MK Capital, YouTube’s  Site where North http://www.dramafever.com/ co-founder Steve Chen, American audiences can Benjamin Ling ex watch TV from around YouTube’s director of  the world. partnerships, tubhub founder Jeff Fluhr, GraphEffect president Stephano Kim, Wikets CEO Andy Park, and Capital IQ co-founders Randy Winn and Steve Turner.
3. March 2012 Drawn to Scale 0,9 IA Ventures Provider of real-time Big Data Platform-as-a- Service.March 2012 EBT Molecular Imaging 0,5 Intersouth Partners Developer of self- http://www.advancedbiomarker.com shielded micro / cyclotron that produces PET Biomarkers and Radioisotopes at a much smaller size than conventional PET cyclotrons. March 2012 Eden Park 3,1 NA Developing and http://www.edenpark.com/ commercializing technologies around microplasma displays.March 2012 eEvent 0,3 TechColumbus honors guests as event www.eevent.com ambassadors to share, recommend & invite others to events,March 2012 Exinda 12,0 Greenspring Associates Supplies network http://www1.exinda.com/ and OpenView Venture performance Partners optimization and monitoring systems to a variety of industries.March 2012 Fontana Disctribution NA Acquired by Ingrooves provider of digital http://www.ingrooves.com/  distribution, marketing and technology services to the independent music communityMarch 2012 Halt Medical 11,7 NA A medical device http://www.americancapital.com  company focused on womens health.March 2012 Hello Health 10,0 NA Creator of Patient http://hellohealth.com/physicians/ Management Platform that helps physicians increase efficiencies and build stronger patient relationships.March 2012 HemaQuest 13,0 Aberdare Investors, De biotechnology company http://www.hemaquest.com/ Pharmaceuticals Novo Ventures, focused on developing Forward Ventures, small molecule Latterell venture therapeutics to treat Partnes, Lilly ventures. hemoglobin disorders.March 2012 HipChat NA Acquired by Atlassian.  Developer of  www.hipchat.com collaboration software for product teams.March 2012 InBed.me 1,2 angel investors and VCs An Airbnb for hostel http://inbed.me/ Hoppers intends to push social integration and mobile servicesMarch 2012 Industry Dive 0,4 D.C.-based angel Business-to-business www.industrydive.com investors led by Cal  online media company. SimmonsMarch 2012 InfiMed 15,0 Acquired by Varian Maker of medical http://infimed.com/  Medical System devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions.March 2012 InGamer Fantasy NA angel investors Producer of so- called http://www.ingamer.com/ "real-time second screen gaming" for sports publishers-March 2012 Intermatix 16,2 Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Developer of phosphors http://www.intematix.com  Crosslink Capital and phosphor components used in LED lighting.March 2012 ITADSecurity 0,3 NA Developer of http://www.itadsecurity.com/ technology that it says "reduces the number of data breaches associated with physical data- bearing devices."
4. March 2012 Jiff 7,5 Aeris Capital, Aberdare Healthcare social https://www.jiff.com/  Ventures network and digital health apps platform.March 2012 Koding 2,0 RTP Ventures and Developer community http://www.koding.com  Greycroft Partners & cloud development environment where developers come together and code in the browser.March 2012 LIFT Retail Marketing NA Acquired by VeriFone Developer of electronic http://www.liftrmt.com  Technology payment systems.March 2012 Loopt 43,4 Acquired by Green Dot. Developer of an app that maps a users friends and offers nearby deals and reviews.March 2012 LUMEnergi 6,2 Braemar Energy Provider of network- http://www.lumenergi.com/ Ventures, Noventi controlled lighting Ventures, Guernsey, energy management Low Carbon technology. Accelerator.March 2012 Mevio 10,0 ORIX Venture Finance Creator of technology http://www.mevio.com/ that hosts networks of personality-driven episodic entertainment online.March 2012 MiaSole 55,0 Probably Kleiner  Manufacturer of thin- http://www.miasole.com Perkins Caulfield & film photovoltaic solar Byers, VantagePoint panels. Capital Partners, Firelake Capital ManagementMarch 2012 Michelson Diagnostics 0,6 Octopus Investments, Developer of an OCT http://www.michelsondiagnostics.co Catapult Venture scanner targeted at m/ Managers, Londoon treatment of non- Business Angels melanoma skin cancer-March 2012 Mobile Transactions 3,2  eBay founder Pierre  leverages mobile http://www.mtzl.net  International Omidyar, ACCION technology and an agent International network to enable financial transactions across the Zambian economyMarch 2012 NewsiT.net 0,5 Sandra D. Kresch, Crowdsourced news www.NewsiT.net president of PSD platform. International and managing director of Golden Seeds, and P. Chrisman Iribe, CFO of Scaleform Corporation and former president and COO of PG&E.March 2012 NextPrinciples 1,0 executives and angels A cloud-based social http://nextprinciples.com/ CRM company.March 2012 Open Mile 3,0 NXT Capital Developer of software http://openmile.com/ aimed at shippers and carriers to help them communicate and collect market intelligence.March 2012 Oxtex 0,2 LBA angels an early stage medical http://www.oxtex.com/ device specialist that manufactures anisotropic self-inflating tissue expandersMarch 2012 PixyKids 3,0 ATA Ventures and An interactive and http://pixykids.com/ angel investors immersive social media platform for kids aged 6- 12.March 2012 PlayMob 0,5 MIDVEN, Nesta Develops technology http://www.theplaymob.com/ allowing charities to fundraise through in- game micropayments.
5. March 2012 Plyfe 1,0 Intel Capital Creator of service that http://www.plyfe.me/ enables users to compete in games with leaderboards to earn points that can be redeemed for prizes.March 2012 ShoutOmatic NA Long Island Angel A startup that enables http://shoutomatic.com/ Network Facebookers & Twitterers to “Shout” to  their friends & fans.March 2012 Skill Kindle NA i3 Consulting  Online content  http://www.skillkindle.com/ marketplace for students and teachers.March 2012 Spotflux 1,0 Mass A free application that http://www.spotflux.com lets consumers connect to the Internet with privacy protection.March 2012 StayZilla.com NA Indian Angel Network Ahotel booking site StayZilla.com which offers value-stays in any district across India.March 2012 StyleSeat 0,8 A-Grade and actress Catalogue for wellness http://www.styleseat.com/ Sophia Bush and hair specialists.March 2012 Switchfly 15,0 StarVest Partners, Azure Developer of web-based http://www.switchfly.com  Capital Partners, travel, loyalty and Canaan Partners payment software.March 2012 Synbody Biotechnology 0,8 angel investors Developing Synbody http://www.synbodybio.com/ technology for human therapeutics and diagnosticsMarch 2012 Zivame NA  IDG Ventures & Indo- Bangalorean online http://www.zivame.com/ US Venture Partners lingerie store.March 2012 Tap.me 3,2 Hyde Park Venture Startup whose www.tap.me Partners technology platform lets brands advertise within mobile games.March 2012 The Currency Cloud 4,0 Atlas Ventures Maker of an FX http://www.thecurrencycloud.com/ payments automation platform.March 2012 Tracky 1,0 NA a social collaboration https://tracky.com/ platform that bridges the gap between your personal & professional circlesMarch 2012 WatchDox 9,0 Blackstone. Shlomo View-based developer http://www.watchdox.com  Kramer, Gemini Israel of tools designed to Funds, Shasta Ventures access and protect documents on any device.March 2012 Weddingful 0,5 Business Development Online wedding www.weddingful.com Bank of Canada packages startup.March 2012 Western Digital 4800,0 Acquired by Hitachi Data and media storage http://www.westerndigital.com    products maker.March 2012 Yammer 85,0  DFJ Growth, Meritech   Provider of social  http://www.tessera.com  Capital Partners, networks to companies Capricorn Investment designed to allow Group, Khosla Ventures employees to more and CrunchFund, easily collaborate. Charles River Ventures, Emergence Capital, Founders Fund, Social+Capital Partnership and U.S. Venture Partners and angels Bill Lee, Max Levchin and Ronnie Lott