Open Data in Agriculture
Hands-on with data infrastructures that
can power your agricultural data
Supported by EU projects
Access to agINFRA
• agINFRA provides a set of high level APIs to
access the power of the infrastructure.
• Available dataset and service catalogs to
‘discover’ apps and data
– A python wrapper to your convenience
• Please download and try it out
Slide 3 of 63
• This hands-on pilot aims to provide a view of the
programmatic access to the infrastructure.
– Access and experimentation of the APIs: tools to ingest
and retrieve data, data processing.
– Access and experimentation with catalogs: descriptions of
data and services that makes them ‘actionable’ through a
High level APIs
Slide 4 of 63
Proposal (to be done by you)
• 1) Discover and get some data (using
• 2) Discover services (using service
• 3) Learn a bit from some service (In the
• 4) Invoke a service over a dataset
• 5) Repeat, combine, play
Slide 5 of 63
Example of proposal
• Pseudocode for a Python script
–Get a random dataset containing
only records in english language
–Download agKEA software package
–Run execute agKEA on the dataset
Slide 6 of 63
Slide 7 of 63
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.