1. Our Primer Contents…
• A Definition of SEO?
• Market Statistics?
• What SEO is not!
• What we do in our SEO practice…
• An Infographic on What we Do
• A Client Case Study…
2. A Definition of SEO?
Wikipedia defines this as –
“the process of improving the visibility of a web site or a web page in search
engines via the "natural" or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic") search
What is SEO used for, by SME business owners?
If potential customers cannot find you they cannot buy either the products
you are selling or the services you provide.
What kind of ROI can I expect from an investment in an SEO Campaign?
Some of our clients receive a 10% increase in new business in one year,
others at various rates up to 300%...all proving the value of a natural SEO
Campaign…run by a capable responsible SEO practitioner…
3. Market Statistics?
• More than 3.5 billion
• i.e. that’s 36,000
searches a second!
• more than enough biz
4. E-Commerce Traffic Sources
• 31% comes from
• that’s 350% MORE
than paid search
• that’s 450% MORE
than Social Networks
• with other being
largest % with almost
50% of buying public!
5. Consumer Online Sales
• 89% of all shoppers
go online first for
• and 7% of all
purchases are now
• an increase of 100%
6. Search Engines Create Reputation?
• 39% of all search
engine users believe
that “…seeing a
company listed among
the top search engine
results make them
think that the company
is a leader in it’s field!”
• with 42% having no
• and only 19%
7. What SEO is Not?
Snake-oil salesmen…and how to tell!
• they make GUARANTEED promises of
page 1 results…
• they promise instant results…
• they claim to have “inside” knowledge/contacts/partnerships with search
engines and DMOZ too…
• they say they use META keywords, manipulative cloaking, link farming,
doorway pages leading to redirects & keyword density algos etc etc….
• they use outdated non-functional terms to describe their skillset, like
“sandbox” or “google dance” proving their no where near current….
• they offer to register your site with hundreds or thousands of search engines…
8. What We Do in our SEO Practice?
• Develop Keywords for your site based on what your potential customers or
clients will be looking for….then test those keywords against your
competitors to come up with viable candidates for your SEO Campaign…
• Completely “stitch” in those keywords via on-page optimization for each
every web page on your site…all vetted of course by you!
• Provide Conversion Optimization counsel for all those pages as well…to aid
the process whereby a prospect becomes a lead and then a customer!
• Build off-page optimization through backlink acquisitions with authoritative
trust sites to prove to Google et al, that you ARE a force in your channel…
• Finally, monitor all rankings for all keywords on a monthly basis and modify
the keyword candidates to vet those rankings on an ongoing monthly basis!
9. An Infographic on What we Do!
TIMELINE Legend ~
1.] 33% on Keyword Research
2.] 20% On-Page Optimization
3.] 33% on Off-Page Optimization
4.] Balance on Ranking Reports &
10. A Client Case Study
PPI was incorporated in 1991 with a vision of becoming the best strapping, stretch
wrap, tape and industrial scale equipment sales and service organization in the GTA.
Now almost twenty years later the company offers 24/7 emergency service with
Technicians having the most current industry service skills and a knowledgeable sales
Making headway in the heavily industrialized Mississauga area is not an easy task, with dozens and dozens of large
multinational competitors, PPI faced some serious challenges for online marketing of their superior strapping
machines, products and 24/7 service guarantees. Just to begin to make some traction against those big budget,
conglomerate competitors would require perseverance and skills, that would slowly work the new PPI site up and
onto page ones, across the whole search engine landscape. That was the thrust of our SEO Campaign, to get them at
least ranked at first, and then to move slowly up their channel and onto the first page of search results.
PPI after only 37 weeks of having a website up and running, now enjoys more than 121 top
30 serp rankings for their selected keywords and phrases. Visibility percentage runs at just
over 35% and website visits run at more than 240 daily with 94 page one rankings,
including 32 in the most competitive #1 keyword rankings too!
Jim Rudnick -- MCSD
• CEO KKT INTERACTIVE
• a Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
• more than 10 years of SEO experience
• with more than 17 years of web experience
• have worked for NY Yankees, PEP Boys, GE,
The Disney Company, Canada Life, Mercedes,
SAAB, Reuters and Quaker State Oil…
• built more than 400 sites…have run more than 100 SEO Campaigns over
past 10 years
• we build sites that have had millions of hits come up on the first page in
search engines and more than that – we build sites that generate new
business for our clients day after day!!!
• we blog about Canadian SEO at www.canuckseo.com