• “ICT”“M2M”“Industrial Internet”“Internet of Things”
• 1.3 billion connected devices today – 12 to 20 billion in 2020
• 23% annual growth rate for next 10 years - $948 billion industry by 2020
• Gartner Research – Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2013 –
“Internet of Things” is #4
• Carbon War Room – M2M will generate cost savings and new revenues
that will add $10 - $15 trillion to global GDP (current size of U.S.
Smart Buildings Are Getting Smarter and More
Affordable – No Brainer
Real time data and
aggregated and actionable
Higher levels of efficiency
enabled through data-
driven decision making
which were once not
affordable, are now
affordable and driving
Business risk management
- Manage downtime risk
- Predictive maintenance program
- Manage equipment retrofit and upgrade
- 24x7 Online building performance management
- Improved asset management
- SME's & skilled building engineers
- Dispatch as required to MES or Building Engineer
- Reduce utility expenses
- Reduce maintenance expenses
- Optimize capital budget process and projections
- Achieve environmental targets
- Compliance with building regulations
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- GHG Tracking & Reporting
Business Plan Justification
Energy Savings –10% - 25%
Building Operating Personnel Productivity
• Large facilities with dedicated building operating engineers
• Small facilities serviced by mobile technicians
Occupant / Tenant Satisfaction
What Is Dark Data?
• Dark Data is all the data that is hidden on hard drives and email boxes
and goes unused today; Data an organization gathers that is not part of
their day-to-day operations.
• Data Exhaust is data that is created through everyday transactions that
goes unused or is thrown away – deal transaction information.
about the FACTS
• 90% of the world’s data has been created in the
last two years alone
• The world’s information is doubling every two
• 96% percent of that data is locked behind
• Only 0.5% percent of all data is being analyzed
• By 2020 the world will generate 50 times more
Five Ways Data is Changing Competition
What happens in a world of radical transparency, with data widely available?
If you could test all of your decisions, how would that change the way you compete?
How would your business change if you used data for widespread, real-time
How can data augment or even replace management?
Could you create a new business model based on data?
Making it Real for Real Estate
• What if we could …
• Narrow the uncertainty and volatility of our portfolios
• Provide insight into workplace productivity and satisfaction drivers
• Measure the return on capital investments
• Significantly reduce unplanned reactive work
• The benefits are obvious: