WHAT IS ALZHEIMER'S?
• Alzheimer's disease is a progressive form of
prensenile dementia that is similar to senile
dementia but starts in the 40s or 50s.
• This form of dementia causes problems with
memory, thinking and behavior.
HOW ALZHEIMER'S DEVELOPS
The exact cause for Alzheimer’s is not yet known,
however, there are several known risk factors. These
• Family History
SYMPTOMS OF ALZHEIMER'S
• Symptoms usually develop slowly and progressively
worst over time, becoming severe in enough to
interrupt daily routines and tasks.
• The most common symptom of dementia is difficulty
remembering newly learned information.
• As Alzheimer's advances more severe symptoms
develop such as disorientation, behavior and mood
changes, deepening confusion about events, time
and place, etc….
TREATMENTS FOR ALZHEIMER'S
• Alzheimer's has no current cure but there are
treatments for symptoms are available and
• Treatments they can temporarily slow the worsening
of dementia symptoms and improve the quality of
life for those with Alzheimer's and their caregivers.
• Doctors will determine what treatments you need
based on your age, overall health, medical history,
and extent of the disease.
HOW TO PREVENT ALZHEIMER'S
• You can reduce your chances of developing
Alzheimer's by eating right, exercising, staying
socially and mentally active, and keeping stress in
• All these can help prevent the development of
Alzheimer's but aren't 100% completely keeping you
from getting it.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A NORMAL
BRAIN AND ONE AFFECTED BY