1. Trouble reading this e-mail? Right click on the panel above the address box and check "Display as HTML." Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall Fort Myer, Va. Fort McNair, Washington D.C. Henderson Hall, Va. News www.army.mil/article/94476/Installation_News Family Readiness www.army.mil/article/94477/Family_Readiness Traffic, Roads and Grounds www.army.mil/article/94481/Traffic__Roads_and_Grounds JBM-HH Commander’s Information Line – 703-696-6906 Become a fan of JBM-HH on Facebook, and find yourself . . . in a video, aphotograph, a shout out, an opinion poll . . . and more. It’s easy. Go towww.facebook.com/jbmhh and click on “Sign Up.” Also, check out our Twitter page –keyword @JBMHH & our Flickr page for the latest photos of all the activities happeningon Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall. Go to www.flickr.com/photos/jbm-hh.REMINDER - all bulletin requests must be submitted by close of businessThursday in order to be in the following Monday’s Bulletin. NewsID Center closures The ID Card Section on the Fort Myer portion of JBM-HH is closed throughThursday, March 12 for computer upgrades. The ID Card facility will re-open at 8 a.m.on March 13. If you need an ID card during this time you may use the Henderson Hallor Fort Belvoir ID card centers. For more information call 703-696-3695.NEW – Sequestration News Get the latest information and news on sequestration and how it will affect theDepartment of Defense by visiting the JBM-HH website atwww.army.mil/article/96832/Sequestration_Resources/.NEW – Army, Marines approve suspension of tuition assistance Due to the current fiscal challenges, the Army and Marines have suspended TuitionAssistance (TA) for Servicemembers. For more information on the Army’s tuition
2. assistance suspension visit https://www.goarmyed.com/public/public_display_news.aspx?news_id=1670&type=5 and http://www.army.mil/article/98267/. For information on the Marine tuitionassistance suspension visit www.army.mil/article/98078/No_tuition_assistance__no_problem/.Army Substance Abuse Training for Civilians The training listed below will be held on the Fort Myer portion of Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall in Building 230 from 1 to 2 p.m. Civilians are required to have twohours of Army Substance Abuse training which would include Drug Free Workplace(Substance Abuse Awareness) training and one hour of Suicide Awareness training. If an employee participated in the Suicide Awareness Stand Down they will havemet the requirement for the year. If an employee did the Workplace Violence on line itwill also meet the yearly requirement. If anyone needs special accommodations orthere are any questions call 703-696-3787. o 12 March Workplace Violence Prevention (for those who didn’t take the course online) o 13 March Suicide PreventionGet your news published in the JBM-HH Email Bulletin Get your office’s important information published in the weekly JBM-HH bulletin. Toget it published email firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday at 4 p.m. Thebulletin can be viewed 24 hours a day 7 days a week at www. army.mil/jbmhh underthe JBM-HH Bulletin heading. For more information call 703-696-2976.Email Bulletin now accessible on the JBM-HH website This Email Bulletin is now accessible on the JBM-HH website. For information onNews visit www.army.mil/article/94476/Installation_News/. For information onFamily Readiness visit www.army.mil/article/94477/Family_Readiness/. Forinformation on Traffic, Roads and Grounds visitwww.army.mil/article/94481/Traffic__Roads_and_Grounds/. These websites will beyour go-to locations to find out what’s happening on JBM-HH and will be updateddaily or as needed. In the near future we will be using email blasts/bulletins only foremergency or critical information.JBM-HH opens SlideShare account JBM-HH has opened a SlideShare account. We will be using SlideShare to helpspread community news, share presentations and documents. Visit our account atwww.slideshare.net/JBMHH.Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall Tax Center open
3. The Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall Tax Center is open in Building 406 on the FortMyer portion of JBM-HH. All active-duty Servicemembers, their Families and Retireesare eligible. To make an appointment call 703-696-1040.HQ U.S. Marine Corps Tax Center open Get your fast and free tax preparation and electronic filing for federal and state taxreturns at the HQ U.S. Marine Corps Tax Center. They are open Monday throughFriday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and are located on the Henderson Hall portion of JBM-HHin Building 29, room 105. For information call 703-693-7001.Fort Myer Thrift Shop spring hours The Fort Myer Thrift shop is open Tuesday – Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. andwill also open on Saturday, March 16 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Fort Myer Thrift Shopwill close if Arlington Public Schools close for inclement weather. If Arlington PublicSchool open 2 hours late - the thrift shop will open regular schedule. For moreinformation call www.fortmyerthriftshop.org/storehours.html.Spring sports sign-up open Registration is open for MCCS Henderson Hall spring basketball and volleyballleagues. Games will be played in April and May on weekdays (days to be determined)11 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the Cpl Terry L. Smith Gymnasium. Team size is 12 players plus onecoach, and play is open to Department of Defense identification card holders. Registerby visiting www.mccsHH.com/AthleticsSports.html for the registration roster or visitthe Semper Fit office in Building 29, Rm. 305. Registration closes March 15. For moreinformation, call 703-697-2706/2708.NEW – The United States Army Band “Pershing’s Own” eventscheduleMonday, March 11, 7 p.m.Brucker HallFort Myer, VAYoung Artist CompetitionFinal Round Performance of The U.S. Army Orchestras 8th Annual Metro-DC YoungArtist Competition, featuring the areas finest young musicians performing solo workswith piano. Open to the public!Town Hall Meeting Headquarters and Service Battalion, Headquarters Marine Corps, Henderson Hallwill hold a Town Hall meeting Tuesday, March 12, 6 – 8 p.m. at the Marine Club.Active duty service members and their families attached to the battalion are welcome tojoin commanding officer Colonel Ira Cheatham for an evening of conversation and anopportunity to share questions and concerns with the command and staff. Resource and
4. information tables will be available, and door prizes will be drawn. To attend, pleasesign up by contacting Family Readiness Officer Renée Lilley at email@example.com.For more information, please call 703-697-7342.Stroke & Turn Clinic Zembiec Pool offers a return of their popular Stroke & Turn clinic beginning March12. The clinics are Tuesdays and Thursdays, noon to 1 p.m., through March 28.Registration is open, and only 15 swimmers may participate. Please call 703-693-7351for more information.National Defense University 5K run/walk National Defense University will hold a 5K run/walk Thursday, March 14 from11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Fort McNair portion of JBM-HH. About 200 people areexpected to participate. Runners will use 2nd Ave., 4th Ave., B St. and E St. No roads willbe blocked, however expect some minor delays at this time. For more information call703-696-3290.St. Patrick’s Day Buffet The Marine Club serves a special lunch buffet Thursday, March 14, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.,in advance of St. Patrick’s Day. On the menu are Guinness and Onion Soup, Colcannon,Potato Pancakes, Lamb Stew, Shepherds Pie, Corned Beef and Cabbage, Assorted Rolls,and “Shamrock” Juice. The price per person is $10 and includes the salad bar.Reservations are recommended for parties of seven or more. Please call 703-614-2125.Saint Patrick’s Day Dinner Dance Head over to the Fort Myer Officers’ Club on Saturday, March 16 at 6 p.m. for theirdinner dance. It’s not too late to book your reservation. Find all the information here -http://www.jbmhhmwr.com/index/FMWR_Home/2013%20March%2013%20St.%20Patricks%20Day%20flyer.pdf.Shamrock Shuffle JBM-HH kicks-off the 2013 Commanders Cup Race Series on March 15 with theannual Shamrock Shuffle 5K Run/1 Mile Walk. Registration is now open online atwww.jbmhhMWR.com and participation is free. Online registration closes at midnightMarch 13. Race begins at 6:35 a.m. at the Fort Myer Fitness Center, Building 414, withrace day/late registration accepted at the Fitness Center from 5:30 6:15 a.m. March 15.For more information call 703-696-1045.NEW – SoberRide Program set for Saint Patrick’s Day weekend The SoberRide program will provide a free cab ride (up to a $30 fare) for holidayrevelers this Sunday. The St. Patricks Day SoberRide program will be offered onSunday, March 17 from 4 p.m. to 4 a.m. on Monday, March 18. To receive a free cab
5. ride home please call 1-800-200-8294 (TAXI). AT&T customers may dial #WRAP fromtheir wireless phones. You must be 21 or older to use the SoberRide service. It’s opento anyone in the greater D.C. area. For more information visitwww.wrap.org/soberride/.NEW – UFC 158 The Marine Club will show the UFC 158 on Saturday, March 16, as UFCwelterweight champion Georges St-Pierre will defend his title against formerStrikeforce champion Nick Diaz. The Marine Club opens at 8 p.m. and offers a specialfight menu. Department of Defense identification cards holders and their guests arewelcome. Transportation from the barracks and from Marine Barracks Washington willbe provided; check with your unit for transportation times and pick up locations. Formore information on the fight, please call 703-614-2125.Check Cashing to be Discontinued Beginning March 18, the cash office in the Marine Corps Exchange will no longercash checks. Patrons may continue to write checks for purchases and may write for $25cash back over the purchase amount. Patrons may also utilize the two Navy FederalCredit Union ATMs, one in the breezeway and one in the second floor front vestibule;both ATMs accept checks for deposit to Navy Federal Credit Union member accounts.For more information, please call 571-483-1949.Women’s History Month celebration at JBM-HH Community Center Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall will celebrate Women’s History MonthWednesday, March 20 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the JBM-HH Community Center,Building 405. Guest speaker is Ms. Shelly Row. This year’s theme is Woman inspiringinnovation through imagination. For more information call 703-696-2964.Army Officers Wives Club of the Greater Washington Area(AOWCGWA) March luncheon Join the Army Officers Wives Club of the Greater Washington Area (AOWCGWA)in the Koran Room of the Fort Myer Officers Club on Thursday, March 21, from 10:30a.m. to 1 p.m. and welcome Colonel (retired) Bob Patrick as speaker for their Marchluncheon. Patrick is director of the Veterans History Project (VHP) of the AmericanFolklife Center at the Library of Congress. VHP is a national initiative mandated byCongress to collect, preserve and make accessible the first-person accounts of AmericasWorld War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Persian Gulf, Iraq and Afghanistanwartime veterans. Additionally, in their pursuit to continually honor military personnel, AOWCGWAhas been appointed a Commemorative Partner of DoDs Vietnam WarCommemoration. Members are urged to invite any Vietnam veteran relatives and/or
6. friends to join them at this luncheon. A representative of the program will be present tohonor those who served in Vietnam. March’s menu includes salad, corned beef and cabbage, parsley potatoes, mixedvegetables and apple pie for dessert. The price is $20. Reservations must be received nolater than Tuesday, March 12 and can be made online through Pay Pal atwww.AOWCGWA.org or by mailing the reservation form (found online or fromReservation Chair) and $20 check made out to "AOWCGWA" to AOWCGWAReservations, 205 B Lee Avenue, Fort Myer, Virginia 22211. For more information call703-717-9191.Easter Brunch on JBM-HH Lock your reservations in at one of three places on Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hallfor Easter brunch. For more information visit the following three links:Fort Myer Officers’ Club -www.jbmhhmwr.com/index/FMWR_Home/2013%20march%20%20o%20club%20revise%20Easter%20flyer.pdfFort McNair Officers’ Club -www.jbmhhmwr.com/index/FMWR_Home/2013%20March%2031%20McNair%20Easter%20flyer.pdfSpates Community Club -www.jbmhhmwr.com/index/FMWR_Home/2013%20March%2031%20Spates%20Easter%20Flyer.pdfNEW – Mobile DMV coming back to Fort Myer portion of JBM-HH The JBM-HH Army Career and Alumni Program will sponsor the VirginiaDepartment of Motor Vehicles (DMV) mobile unit on Tuesday, April 9 from 9 a.m. to 4p.m. in the parking lot in front of the Bowling Center and Spates Community Club.They will provide all or most services provided at a regular DMV office. The mobileuntil provides JBM-HH Servicemembers, their Families, DoD civilians and retirees adifferent and convenient venue exclusively without having to go to a regular office. Formore information call 703-696-9603.2013 National Capital Region/Military District of WashingtonCombatives Tournament JBM-HH Family, Morale, Welfare and Recreation is looking for the “Best Warriors”to compete in this year’s 2013 NCR/MDW Combatives Tournament. The tournament isopen to all Servicemembers and DoD Civilians from all installations and units withinthe NCR/MDW region. The Combatives Tournament will be held April 16-19 at JointBase Myer-Henderson Hall’s Conmy Hall, Building 241. Combatives (military servicemembers assigned or attached to an Army or Joint organization) participating in thetournament will also be competing for a spot on the 2013 NCR/MDW CombativesTeam. This team will represent NCR/MDW at the United States Army CombativesChampionships in July at Fort Carson, Colorado.
7. For details of the event check out www.jbmhhMWR.com orwww.hqbn.belvoir.army.mil/tournament.asp For questions contact Billy Cook (HQBN Operations & Training Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org or at 703-806-5176/6446.Spring Education & Career Fair Prepare for your future and meet with local, national, and international educatorsand employers looking to connect with you! MCCS Henderson Hall announces theirSpring Education & Career Fair on Thursday, April 18, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. in the Cpl TerryL. Smith Gym, Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall. Educators and employees will be onhand to meet prospective students and employees, and breakfast and lunchrefreshments will be served. Resume review and assistance services will be availableduring the fair, which is open to DoD ID card holders and the general public (withphoto ID). To prepare for the fair, the Career Resource Management Center offers a“Career Fair Strategies Workshop” on Thursday, April 11, 10 - 11:30 a.m., in Building29, Classroom 104 on the Henderson Hall portion of the joint base. For additionalinformation, please call 703-614-6828.Boots to Business Workshop The Career Resource Management Center announces a new Small BusinessAdministration “Boots to Business” workshop. Geared toward transitioning militaryservice members, military spouses, and veterans, the workshop is designed todetermine if starting a business is right for you. After the two-day workshop, eachparticipant will have a Feasibility Analysis Deliverable that will serve as the basis forfuture business planning. The first session on Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall is May13 and 14. Additional sessions are June 19 and 20 and Nov. 12 and 13. The workshop isfree, and reservations must be made by calling 703-614-6828. Family ReadinessAnger & Stress Management MCCS Henderson Hall’s Behavioral Health Branch offers a continuing Anger &Stress Management workshop Wednesdays, 9 – 11 a.m. Held in Building 12, the eight-part workshop’s topics include dealing with stress, empathy, learning to responddifferently to situations, identifying negative self talk, communication skills, adjustingexpectations, time outs, and forgiveness. Registration is required and referrals arewelcome. The workshops are available as unit PME’s upon request. For moreinformation, please call 703-614-7204.MCCS Marine & Family Programs
8. MCCS Henderson Hall offers a wide range of services to Marines and their familymembers throughout the National Capital Region and beyond to a 105-square mile areaaround Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall. Through a robust outreach program, theprograms provide information on topics such as relocation assistance, school liaisonservices, education and career resources, personal financial management, andcounseling support. For an overview of the services available, please visitwww.mccsHH.com/MFS.html.Marine Barracks Washington “Lil Chesty’s” Play Group The MCCS Henderson Hall New Parent Support Program’s “Lil Chesty’s” PlayGroup that recently formed at Marine Barracks Washington will continue to meet onselect Tuesdays. The next meetings are March 12 and 26, 10 – 11:30 a.m., at MCCS Post5 classroom in Building 20. The group, for children five years old and younger and theirparents, includes story time, play time, snacks, and activities. For more information,please call 703-614-7204.Hearts Apart Heart’s Apart is a support group for spouses, fiancés, parents or significant others ofdeployed or geographically separated civilians and military members. This group isdesigned to be a fun networking opportunity for those experiencing separation from aloved one. The next class is set for Wednesday, March 13 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at theAmerican Legion, Post 139, Arlington, VA 22201. For more information, call 703-696-0156 or email email@example.com.Kindergarten Readiness Event canceled The “Ready, Set, Go: Kindergarten Readiness” event scheduled for March 16 hasbeen canceled. A Facebook Live Chat will focus on this topic March 26, noon – 1 p.m.To register for the chat, please visit the Marine Corps Family Team Building Facebookpage at www.facebook.com/MCFTBH. For more information on school readiness,please call 703-693-8373.Welcome to Germany Come to ACS for the 411 on Germany. Learn about topics including sponsorship,household shipments, personal vehicle shipments, driving, pets, passport information,as well as customs, culture and language. The next class is set for March 21, Thursdayfrom 10 to 11 p.m. at the JBM-HH Army Community Service Building 201. To register, call 703-696-0156.New Spouse Meet and Greet The next New Spouse Meet and Greet is set for Tuesday, March 26 from noon to 2p.m. at Army Community Service, Building 201, Custer Road on the Fort Myer portionof JBM-HH. It offers newly arrived spouses an opportunity to meet other spouses andobtain information on the joint base and surrounding area. They will talk about military
9. and local resources, commuting and public transportation, shopping, dining and muchmore. For more information or to register, call 703-696-0156.Smooth Move class scheduledA Smooth Move class is set for Thursday, March 28 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the JBM-HH MCCS Building 12. It is an informal joint service brief for service members planningto PCS. Learn about your new duty station, moving with TRICARE, arranginghousehold goods shipment with the Transportation Office, Sponsorship, housing andmore. To register, call 703-696-0156. Traffic, Roads and GroundsPost Chapel Services temporarily moving to Memorial Chapel Until further notice, all funerals and weddings will be held at the Memorial Chapel.For more information, call 703-696-6635.