1. Trouble reading this e-mail? Right click on the panelabove the address box and check "Display as HTML."Joint Base Myer-Henderson HallFort Myer, Va.  Fort McNair, Washington D.C.  Henderson Hall, Va.News www.army.mil/article/99411/Installation_News/Family Readiness www.army.mil/article/99413/Family_Readiness/Traffic, Roads and Groundshttp://www.army.mil/article/99415/Traffic__Roads__and_Grounds/JBM-HH Commander’s Information Line – 703-696-6906Check out the new and constantly improving JBM-HH website atwww.army.mil/jbmhh. Even those who use the site on a regular basis may notice amore user-friendly feel. It is improving each day. See the story here. Become a fan ofJBM-HH on Facebook, and find yourself . . . in a video, a photograph, a shout out, anopinion poll . . . and more. It’s easy. Go to www.facebook.com/jbmhh and click on“Sign Up.” Also, check out our Twitter page – keyword @JBMHH and our Flickr pagefor the latest photos of all the activities happening on Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall.Go to www.flickr.com/photos/jbm-hh. REMINDER - all bulletin requests must besubmitted by close of business Thursday in order to be in the following Monday’sBulletin.News„Click it or ticket‟ campaign runs through June 2Think “click it or ticket,” a phrase that can remind you to listen for your seatbelt clicking into place -- or get a ticket for your trouble. The Department ofDefense will step up the nationwide “click it or ticket” campaign now andduring the summer months as a reminder and encourage seatbelt use and reduceserious injuries and fatalities resulting from traffic accidents. Seat belts are themost effective safety feature ever invented and have helped save thousands oflives. Sadly, one in five Americans fail to regularly wear a seat belt when drivingor riding in a motor vehicle. By maintaining the "Click It or Ticket" brand andawareness, we will continue to reduce seat belt fatalities on Americas roads.Offenders will be ticketed, and their commanders and supervisors can considerthe full range of adverse actions against them.Don’t drink and drive ever – and listen for that seatbelt clicking into place.Click it or ticket.For more information, see www.nhtsa.gov/PEAK, or call 703-696-3290 or703-696-3525.Civilian employees need annual leave assistJoint Base Myer-Henderson Hall employees Marcia Freeman, director ofResource Management, Donna Maxey, director of Plans, Analysis andIntegration, and two Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) employees, KizzyJackson, a grocery department employee and William “Duke” Ayers, a producedepartment worker, both employed at the JBM-HH Commissary on the FortMyer side of the base are all approved recipients of the civilian personnel annual
2. leave donor program. Due to medical issues, they have exhausted both sick andannual leave.Department of the Army civilian employees who would like to donate annualleave to Freeman, Maxey, Jackson or Ayers must fill out Form OPM 630A,"Request to Donate Annual Leave to Leave Recipient Under the Voluntary LeaveTransfer Program (Within Agency)" atwww.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/opm630a.pdf.If you are a federal government civilian employee outside the Department ofthe Army and want to donate annual leave to Freeman, Maxey, Jackson orAyers, must complete OPM 630B, "Request to Donate Annual Leave to LeaveRecipient Under the Voluntary Leave Transfer Program (Outside Agency)" atwww.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/opm630b.pdf orwww.opm.gov/oca/leave/HTML/formindx.asp.For Freeman and Maxey, contact Customer Service Representative DonnaBelk-Stafford at 703-696-0275 for more information, and email completed formsdirectly to her at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 703-696-0879.For Jackson and Ayers, contact Rita Harris, leave donor administrator forDefense Commissary Agency at 804-734-8000, ext. 48118, for more information.Email or fax completed forms to Harris at email@example.com or 804-734-8393.JFHQ-NCR/MDW also has an employee, Catherine A. Jackson, on the LeaveDonor Program due to a medical condition. For Ms. Jackson send completedforms to J/G1 Civilian Personnel Division (CPD) MaryMcMillian, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-685-3354, Margie Powell,Margie.e.Powell.email@example.com, 202-685-2774, or Carmen Reimer,Carmen.firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-685-0489, Fax number is 202-685-2810.JBM-HH Interactive Customer Evaluation System (ICE) a way toget your voice heardICE is a feedback mechanism that allows customers to submit suggestions forimprovement, cite exceptional service and identify concerns with serviceperformance. Your comment card ratings are used to improve the products andservices available to you. To visit the JBM-HH ICE page visit the following linkand get your voice heard:http://ice.disa.mil/index.cfm?fa=site&site_id=356&dep=DoD.Twilight Tattoo performances run through AugustTwilight Tattoo is an hour-long military pageant featuring Soldiers from the3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) and The U.S. Army Band"Pershings Own." Experience a glimpse into American history throughperformances by The U.S. Army Blues, vocalists from The U.S. Army BandDownrange, The Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps, and The U.S. Army DrillTeam.This performance is free and open to the public. Due to budget constraintsunfortunately we will not have bleachers for Twilight Tattoo this year. Grassseating is available, and we recommend you bring a blanket or lawn chairs. Formore information on group reservations, contact the U.S. Army Military Districtof Washington at 202-685-2888.Performances May 29 through June 26 will be located at Summerall Field onthe Fort Myer portion of the joint base. Performances from July 10 through Aug.28 will be located at Whipple Field on Joint Base Myer-Henderson. Fieldlocations may vary, please check http://twilight.mdw.army.mil/schedule priorto attending a specific date.Sunday Brunch at Spates Community ClubSpates Community Club is now hosting Sunday Brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 2p.m. every Sunday. Prices are $13.95 for adults, $11.95 for kids 6-12 and kids 5
3. and under eat free. Menu items include Omelet Station, Waffle Bar, ScrambledEggs, Bacon, Sausage, Biscuits and Gravy, Home Fried Potatoes, Beef CarvingStation, Sliced Ham, Salmon, Desert Station, Fresh Fruit, Salad Bar, Danish,Croissants and Muffins.Reservations are taken at 703-527-1302 and walk-ins are welcome.Emergency repairs to be made to Officers‟ Club 50-yard poolThe 50-yard Swimming Pool at the Fort Myer Officers Club will be closed foremergency repairs through June 8. This closing will allow the replacement of thepool wall and the reset of tiling around the 50-yard pool. During this time the25-meter, Figure 8 and wading pools will be operational daily from 11 a.m. to 8p.m. For additional information contact Christina Darensbourg at 703-696-0299or Todd Hopkins at 703-696-0594.Summer outdoor Movie SeriesThe 2013 Summer Outdoor Movie Series has begun on JBM-HH. To previewall the upcoming titles visit www.jbmhhmwr.com/index/FMWR_Home/2013-Summer-Movie-Schedule.pdf.ACAP Classes availableSoldiers leaving the military have a number of ways to ease their transitionand make finding the right job easier. The JBM-HH Army Career and AlumniProgram has several upcoming classes available. For more information visitwww.jbmhh.army.mil/inc/ACAP%20Schedule%20April-June%202013.pdf.NEW – The United States Army Band “Pershing‟s Own” eventschedule“Pershing’s Own” Chamber Music SeriesMSG Joseph Lovinsky, French horn and SSG Joel Ayau, pianoMemorial Chapel, Fort Myer, VA.,Saturday, June 1 at 7:30 p.m.Exchange to host „Hot Rods for Heroes‟ eventStop by the Army and Air Force Exchange Service on the Fort Myer portion ofJBM-HH Wednesday, May 29 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. to see a professionalrace car display and meet the drivers. Get a look at least two top-rated, high-speed professional race cars. Get a t-shirt, stickers, pens and other give-a-ways.The race cars and their drivers who will answer questions and pose forphotographs, will be stationed in the PX parking lot, across from the MemorialChapel.For more information, call 719-229-8748 or 443-844-9967.Military Appreciation Night at the Fort Myer Officers‟ ClubMilitary Appreciation Night at the Fort Myer Officers’ Club will take place onFriday, May 31 in the Lamplighter Room at 6 p.m. A DJ will be playing the latesthits and drink specials will be available. This event is for single servicemembersonly. For more information call 703-524-0200.NEW – Fort Myer Officers‟ Club named best venueThe Fort Myer Officers’ Club has been named the brides "best venue" choiceby a well known wedding venue planner. To find out more information on theclub or are interested in having a formal event there visitwww.jbmhhmwr.com/index/Myer_O_Club.htmlNEW – Online survey goes live June 1Whether you shop at your local commissary or not, the Defense CommissaryAgency wants to hear from you. From June 1 through Aug. 1, an online survey
4. will be available on www.commissaries.com by clicking on the “take our survey”link or accessing the survey directly at www.surveymonkey.com/s/DeCA-Shopping-Survey.Spring brings annual community yard saleThe annual JBM-HH Community Yard Sale is set for Saturday, June 1, rain orshine, from 8 a.m. to noon along Jackson, Lee and Sheridan Avenues on FortMyer and on 4th Avenue on Fort McNair. This is open to everyone. JBM-HHresidents are encouraged to participate. Set-up and staging is permitted on thesidewalks along the Jackson, Lee and Sheridan and 4th Avenues. Items may alsobe donated to the Thrift Shop, which will be open that day. For more informationcall 703-696-1147.Aqua Aerobics to Resume at Zembiec PoolAqua aerobics classes will resume at the Maj Douglas A. Zembiec Poolbeginning Tuesday, June 11, not June 4 as previously announced. Deep wateraqua aerobics classes meet Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. Deepwater running classes meet Wednesdays and Fridays 11 a.m. – noon. An aquabelt (limited supply available at the pool), water bottle, and swimsuit are needed,and registration is not required. For more information, please call 703-693-7351.Army Substance Abuse Training for CiviliansThe training listed below will be held on the Fort Myer portion of Joint BaseMyer-Henderson Hall in Building 230 from 1 to 2 p.m. Civilians are required tohave two hours of Army Substance Abuse training which would include DrugFree Workplace (Substance Abuse Awareness) training and one hour of SuicideAwareness training.If an employee participated in the Suicide Awareness Stand Down they willhave met the requirement for the year. If an employee did the WorkplaceViolence on line it will also meet the yearly requirement. If anyone needs specialaccommodations or there are any questions call 703-696-3787.o June 4 - Drug Free Workplace Supervisoro June 5 - Drug Free Workplace Non-SupervisorYouth Sports & Fitness presents Challenger Sports BritishSoccer CampYouth Sports and Fitness is offering two sessions of British Soccer thissummer, June 24-28 and August 19-23, from 9 a.m. to noon for ages 5-16 yrs, 4 to5:30 p.m. for ages 3-5 yrs. They are also offering one session of British Multi-Sports, July 29 to Aug. 2 from 9 a.m. to noon for ages 5-16 yrs.The SKIES program is also offering Swimming Lessons this summer. There are 5sessions:Session 1 –June 10 to 20Session 2 – June 24 to July 3Session 3 – July 8 to 18Session 4 – July 22 to Aug. 1Session 5 – Aug. 5 to 15Register at CYSS Parent Central Services, Bldg. 483, 703 696-0313/4942. Formore information please contact Annette Engum at 703 696-3728 email@example.comNEW – Mobile DMV coming back to Fort Myer portion of JBM-HHThe JBM-HH Army Career and Alumni Program will sponsor the VirginiaDepartment of Motor Vehicles (DMV) mobile unit on Monday, June 10 from 9
5. a.m. to 4 p.m. in the parking lot in front of the Bowling Center and SpatesCommunity Club. They will provide all or most services provided at a regularDMV office. The mobile until provides JBM-HH Servicemembers, their Families,DoD civilians and retirees a different and convenient venue exclusively withouthaving to go to a regular office. For more information call 703-696-9603.Welcome Aboard BriefMarine Corps Community Services offers a Welcome Aboard brief onTuesday, June 11, beginning at 8 a.m. in the Marine Club. Newcomers and theirfamilies are highly encouraged to attend to find out valuable information onHeadquarters and Service Battalion, Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, and theNational Capital Region. A $10 lunch coupon for lunch at the club or Java Café isgiven to each service member, and a free tour by bus of the local area andWashington D.C. follows. Those attending as asked to register by calling 703-614-7202. For more information, please visit the Relocation Assistance Program pageat www.mccsHH.com/RAP.html.Threat Awareness and Reporting Program (TARP) annualtraining scheduledThreat Awareness and Reporting Program (TARP) annual training will beheld at the Town Hall building on the Fort Myer portion of JBM-HH at 10 a.m.on the following dates:June 12 - WednesdayJuly 17 - WednesdayNOTE: This training is given by the 902nd MI Group Fort Belvoir and ismandatory for all US Army employees every calendar year. For moreinformation call 703-696-0756.NEW – Old Guard Blood DriveThe Old Guard will have a blood drive on Thursday, June 13 from noon to 4p.m. at the JBM-HH Community Center. To schedule an appointment go onlineto www.militarydonor.com and search for sponsor code: NNMCPatient Education ClassesAdopt a healthy lifestyle -- attend a nutrition education class at Rader Clinic.The Pre-diabetes class covers information on how to prevent or delay developingdiabetes. The Healthy Heart class covers lifestyle changes to improve highcholesterol and/or high blood pressure. Upcoming Healthy Heart Class is set forJune 13 at 1 pm or June 27 at 8:30 am; or Pre-diabetes Class on June 6 at 1 pm orJune 20 at 8:30 am. Classes are open to all beneficiaries of the military healthsystem, registration is required. Please call Beth Triner at 703-696-7930 for moreinformation.Army birthday cake cutting outside JBM-HH Dining Facility;Dining Facility to open to all DoD ID cardholders June 14In commemoration of the Army’s birthday JBM-HH will hold a cake cuttingceremony outside the JBM-HH Dining Facility. The JBM/HH dining facility willopen for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, June 14 to celebrate the 238thbirthday of the United States Army. The meal is open to all (active duty, reservecomponent military personnel, retirees, DoD civilians and family members).For more information call 703-696-2087.UFC 161 at the Marine ClubThe Marine Club will show UFC 161 on Saturday, June 15. The club opensat 8 p.m. with food and beverage specials, and the fight starts at 10 p.m. Doorprizes will be drawn during the evening. The Marine Club is open to all ranks, all
6. services, and Department of Defense identification card holders and their guests.Call 703-614-2125 for more information.Semper Fit Intramural SoftballGet your team together and sign up for Semper Fit’s intramural softballleague! Games are played select weekdays 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. starting June 25 onthe Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall softball field. League play is open to allauthorized patrons, and teams consist of 20 players plus a coach. The seasonends in late August. Rosters are available online at www.mccsHH.com and inperson at the Cpl Terry L. Smith Gymnasium and the Semper Fit Office in Bldg.29. For more information, please call 703-697-2705.Vacation Bible SchoolThis June 24 through 28 the JBM-HH Chapel will conduct EcumenicalVacation Bible School from 9:30 a.m. to noon in the Memorial Chapel FellowshipHall with the Theme of Kingdom Rock for children ages 3 years - 6th grade.Registration begins at 9 a.m. May 19 at Memorial Chapel and runs until all 50slots are filled. Please address any questions to Betsy Hendrix at 703-696-6635.NEW – 2013 JBM-HH Army Ten Miler QualifiersRegistration is now open for this year’s 2013 JBM-HH Army Ten Miler TeamQualifiers. This year’s Army Ten Miler will be on Sunday, October 20. FMWRwill be hosting two ATM Qualifiers this summer for Active Duty Military onlyon Friday, June 28 and Friday, July 26. Each ATM Qualifier will be a 10K Raceon Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall beginning at 6:35 am at the Myer FitnessCenter, building 414. On-line registration will close on the Wednesday prior toeach date. Race Day registration will be accepted on each date from 5:30 am to6:15 am inside the Myer Fitness Center, bldg 414. To register on-line, visitwww.jbmhhmwr.com 2013 JBM-HH Army Ten Miler Qualifier and for furtherinformation contact Todd Hopkins at (703) 939-1045 firstname.lastname@example.org.Gettysburg TripThe Battle of Gettysburg was a turning point in the Civil War, the Unionvictory that ended General Robert E. Lees second and most ambitious invasionof the North. Learn more about this war, the people, the places, and the meaningof the war to Americans today by visiting Gettysburg National Military Parkwith ITT Saturday, June 29. The package includes roundtrip transportation,admission to the museum, lunch buffet, and two-hour guided battlefield tour.The fee is $78 per person. To reserve, please call ITT at 571-483-1963 and seewww.mccshh.com/ITT.html.NEW – Stroke and Turn ClinicMCCS Semper Fit Aquatics offers a Stroke and Turn Clinic beginning July 9.The clinic runs through July 25 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, noon to 1 p.m. Signup will open June 11 and close July 9 or when the clinic is filled. Department ofDefense identification card holders may register and pay the $20 fee at the pool.For more information, please call 703-693-7351.Get your news published in the JBM-HH Email BulletinGet your office’s important information in the weekly JBM-HH bulletin. Toget it published email email@example.com by Thursday at 4 p.m.For more information call 703-696-2976.Email Bulletin now accessible on the JBM-HH websiteThis Email Bulletin is now accessible on the JBM-HH website. Forinformation on News visit www.army.mil/article/94476/Installation_News/.
7. For information on Family Readiness visitwww.army.mil/article/94477/Family_Readiness/. For information on Traffic,Roads and Grounds visitwww.army.mil/article/94481/Traffic__Roads_and_Grounds/. These websiteswill be your go-to locations to find out what’s happening on JBM-HH and will beupdated daily or as needed. In the near future we will be using emailblasts/bulletins only for emergency or critical information.Family ReadinessAnger Management (introductory level presentation for adults)An anger management class will be held on May 22 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., inthe ACS Classroom, Bldg 201.Individuals attending will be given information on the basics of identifying whatoccurs in their personal life when they make the choice to react to situations withanger. Pre-registration is requested. Call 703-696-3512/6511 for more info and toregister.DStress available 24/7The U.S. Marine Corps challenges all serve personnel: Win your personalbattles. Help is available through online chat or phone for anonymous, peer-to-peer counseling 24/7.Online chat is at DSTRESSLINE.com or call 877-476-7734.Autism Class SlatedThe Joint Base Myer-Henderson Halls Army Exceptional Family MemberProgram is sponsoring "Tricare / Other Benefits and Safety Issues for Militaryand DOD Civilian Parents with Children with Autism and Other CognitiveDisabilities" class and support group on Thursday, May 30 from noon to 3 pm atJBM-HH Army Community Service, Bldg 201 Custer Road, Fort Myer, Virginia.Guest speaker will be LTC Scott Campbell, parent of an Autistic child and boardmember of the Autism Society of Americas Northern Virginia Chapter. Join usfor a wonderful opportunity for Families to not only learn about medical benefitsand safety issues for their Autistic children, but to also network with otherFamilies. Reservations are required. Child care will not be provided.For reservations, general or disabled access information, contact MarciaOConnor, EFMP manager at 703-696-8467 or TTY at 703-696-4675. Please leavea telephone message with your name and contact number.„Real Colors,‟ Real StressMarine Corps Community Services wants to help improve yourcommunications skills at a “Real Colors,” Real Stress workshop Thursday, May30, 1 – 4:30 p.m. This communication and stress management workshop is basedon identifying personality temperaments. This evidence based curriculumfocuses on how you prefer to communicate and, in turn, how to work well withothers in both a personal and professional capacity. Stress management plansand techniques are developed with an emphasis on what works for you.Registration is required by calling 703-614-7204.PCS ClassMarine Corps Community Services Relocation Assistance program holds aPermanent Change of Station (PCS) class Thursday, May 30, 1 – 3 p.m., in Bldg.12’s conference room. The class covers travel, movement of household goods,resources such as Military HomeFront and Military OneSource, and budgetingfor your move. Those being stationed overseas can learn about Overseas TriCare,
8. passport procedures, housing, and sponsorship. To attend, please call 703-614-7202.Smooth Move Class setA Smooth Move is an informal joint service brief for Servicemembers planningto PCS. Learn about your new duty station, moving with TRICARE, arranginghousehold goods shipment with the Transportation Office, Sponsorship, housingand more. The next briefing is set for Thursday, May 30 at the JBM-HH MCCS,Bldg 12.To register and for times call 703-696-0153/0156.Welcome to KoreaCome to ACS for the 411 on Korea! Learn about topics including sponsorship,household shipments, personal vehicle shipments, driving, pets, passportinformation, as well as customs, culture and language. The next class is set forFriday, June 7 from 10 to 11 a.m. at the JBM-HH ACS, Bldg 201. To register call703-696-0153/0156.Hearts ApartHearts Apart is a support group for spouses, fiancées, parents, or significantothers of deployed or geographically separated civilians and military members.This group is designed to be a fun networking opportunity for thoseexperiencing separation from a loved one. The next class is set for Wednesday,June 12 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. American Legion, Post 139, Arlington, VA 22201.For more information call 703-696-0153/0156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.NEW – Parents Helping ParentsBring your children (infant through 6 years old) and join other parents for atime of crafts, songs, stories and play at a parents helping parents meeting June11 from 10 to 11:30 a.m. in the ACS Classroom. Each Family will receive a giftbag with Fatherhood Initiative items to help make this Fathers Day special. Formore information call 703-696-3512.NEW – Welcome to GermanyA welcome to Germany class is set for Thursday, June 20 from 10 to 11a.m. at the JBM-HH ACS, Bldg 201. Come to ACS for the 411 on Germany! Learnabout topics including sponsorship, household shipments, driving, pets,passport information, as well as customs, culture and language. To register call703-696-0153/0156.Traffic, Roads and GroundsNEW – Army Birthday Run to affect trafficThe Department of the Army is celebrating the Army’s Birthday with amotivational three-mile run Friday, June 14 at 6:45 a.m., beginning fromSummerall Field parking lot. The run will proceed through Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall and Arlington National Cemetery and return to SummerallField.Summerall Field parking lot will be blocked by close of business on June 13.Regiment and Caisson parking lot will be closed for VIP parking at 9 p.m. onJune 13. Expect traffic delays near Sheridan Avenue, McNair Road andCarpenter Road during this event, especially at the CDC and the Commissary.For more information call 703-696-3290.
9. To unsubscribe email email@example.com.WHERE