13. The top 7 TOXIC INGREDIENTS that hides from your conscious!
14. SOME STRANGEINGREDIENTS IN MAKE UP!
15. Cochineal beetles The beetles are soaked in hot water, dried &then crushed to give the deep red color in most lipsticks
16. Fish scalesGround-up fish scales are used in most nail polish & lipstick brands to produce the shimmering look
17. RoadkillAnimal fats are boiled to create fatty byproducts. This is used in products such as eye-shadow, lipstick & foundation
18. Celebrities with & without makeup
19. Makeup gone good!
20. Makeup gone bad!
21. MAKEUP AWARENESS● Cancer free makeup● Animal cruelty free makeup
22. Cancer Free Makeup Brands
23. Animal Cruelty Free Makeup Brands
24. CASE STUDY GEISHA
25. What is Geisha?Traditional Japanese female entertainers who act as hostesses and whose skills include performing various Japanese arts such as classical music, dance and games.
26. ● In modern times, the traditional makeup of a beginner geisha is one of their most recognizable characteristics, though established geisha generally only wear full white face makeup.● The traditional makeup of an apprentice geisha features a thick white base with red lipstick & black accents around the eyes and eyebrows.
27. Maiko● Geisha in their last stage of training.● Sometimes color their teeth black for a brief period. It is done partly because uncolored teeth seem very yellow in contrast to white face makeup; coloring the teeth black means that they seem to "disappear" in the darkness of the open mouth. This illusion is of course more pronounced at a distance.
28. ● For the first three years, a maiko wears this heavy makeup almost constantly. During her initiation, the maiko is helped with her makeup either by her onee-san, or "older sister" (an experienced geisha who is her mentor), or by the okaa-san, or "mother" of her geisha house. After this, she applies the makeup herself.● After a maiko has been working for three years, she changes her make- up to a more subdued style. The reason for this is that she has now become mature, and the simpler style shows her own natural beauty.● For formal occasions, the mature geisha will still apply white make-up. For geisha over thirty, the heavy white make-up is only worn during those special dances that require it.
29. Japanese Geisha-Maiko Makeup & Tools1) BASE AND PREP This is the oil undercoat for use with the face paint. It is rubbed over the entire face or other areas to prepare the skin for the white face makeup. This is the stiff wax used to flatten out facial hair such as the eyebrows. It is rubbed over facial hair.
30. 2) White Makeup – Paint or Foundation for Face, Neck and Nape :- This is the white face paint. It is diluted in a dish of water and then painted on over the entire face, neck or other areas. This is the face powder to soften and blend the makeup. This compact white face powder is ideal for small re-touches since it is suitable for travel.
31. 3) Eye and Lip Makeup:- The black pencil is for drawing fine lines on the eyebrows and the red pencil is for the outline on the lips. This is a liquid eye-liner and is used to do all the fine-line eye details. This black gel is used with a pointed cosmetic brush to apply over all the eye details. This red gel is also used with a pointed cosmetic brush to apply over the lip details.
32. 4) Makeup Tools:- This cosmetic brush is made of natural bristle and is excellent for applying lipstick or for eye makeup details. This is a traditional, hand-made Brush and is used for painting the face and other large areas. This Brush is used for painting hard to reach areas – for example, the nape of the neck.
33. This Brush is for dusting your cheeks and the area around the eyes with Face Powder. This absorbent sponge puff and plasticdish are for mixing and applying the white face paint.This soft acrylic Powder Puff is for dustingyour cheeks and the area around the eyes with Face Powder.
34. SUMMARY● Makeup can alter a persons appearance, only temporarily & not permanently● Makeup are used for various reasons● Know your makeup well● Before purchasing, be aware of the toxic ingredients