A viewer may or may not use the portfolio for the same functions as were intended in the first place. But if (s)he uses the portfolio for its intended functions, the form has probably helped.
1.  What is an Online Portfolio?  Definition Function  What content should be included in your Online Portfolio? Form  What do Online Portfolios look like?  How are Online Portfolios organized? Technology  How can YOU set up an Online Portfolio?
2. A portfolio tells a story. It is the story of knowing. Knowing about things Knowing oneself Knowing an audienceOnline Portfolio:1. A collection of work and reflections stored digitally and made available online2. A Website
3. Functions (Purposes)…1. It introduces you to the viewer. Personal/Professional/Academic2. It containsartifacts (electronic products). Professional/Personal/Academic3. It shows the diversity of your field experiences.Professional/Academic4. It showcases your technology expertise.Professional/Academic
4.  Collect(deposit) class work and other materials. Select work samples that show learning & growth. Reflect on learning and identify evidence of growth. Connect
5. Personal | Professional | Academic Internship Reports  Photography Course Projects  Community Service Reports Research Projects  Reflections Essays  Audio PowerPoint Presentations  Resumes Original Commentary  Animations Graphics  Short Video Clips Visual art  Blog
6.  Welcome  Classes and Projects About Me/ Biography  Photo Gallery Educational Goals  Resume Certifications  Links/Resources Awards/Honors  Recommendations Teaching Philosophy  Contact Information
7. Function and Form•The viewer is influenced by the form of the portfolio, aswell as its other properties (content, organization, etc…)
8.  Structured - A structured portfolio should be organized, complete, and creative in its presentation Representative - The documentation should represent the scope of ones work. Selective - Careful attention should be given to conciseness and selectivity in order to appropriately document ones work
9.  Welcome  Classes and Projects About Me/ Biography  Photo Gallery Educational Goals  Resume Certifications  Links/Resources Awards/Honors  Recommendations Teaching Philosophy  Contact Information