Irish buying & marketing group for builders
merchants, DIY &
home & garden retail stores.
Who are we?
• United Hardware is a Joint Venture between two
buying groups, Associated Hardware & National
Hardware which was created in 2009.
•There are 34 Arro & 53 Homevalue stores operating
under the United Hardware buying group throughout
•Overall there are 120 DIY/Builders Merchants stores as
members of United Hardware.
• We have several chains of stores to include Mc Mahon
(12 branches), J P Corry (10 branches) & Glynns (3
branches), Cooneys (5)
• Members benefit by combining both
• United Hardware is now a
considerable buying power in building
materials & hardware industry.
• Sole purpose of United Hardware is
to source & buy better for members.
• By independents pooling together we
50% shareholding each
• From paint to power tools, plaster board to ply, hard wood
flooring to wood burning stoves, housewares to gifting our
huge inventory of products make Arro/Homevalue a one stop
shop for a small home renovation job to a full construction
• Members of United Hardware avail of offers circulated from
head office staffed with 5 full time purchasing personnel.
• Central Billing - Associated & National Hardware pay the
supplier directly for orders placed on behalf of members.
DEDICATED COMMERCIAL BUYING
David Farrell - Commercial Manager
Blane Mac Donnell - Heavy Hardware
Aidan Ellis - Light & Heavy Hardware
Jacqueline Howley - Light Hardware
• The key factor in a Buying Group is having an excellent Buying Team
working on behalf of its members.
• Our Buying Team is made up of four professionals with over 100 years of
• Each member of the buying team specialises in specific product ranges.
• Members view the Buying Team are an extension of their business.
• Buying team regularly meet local distributors and travel extensively to
Europe and Far East to increase member margin, drive improved product
deals and source new products.
• We challenge the Buying Team to have an F.M.T.V. each month.
• Independent merchants working solely cannot dedicate enough time
negotiating with local distributors and travelling to foreign manufacturers to
By having a buying requirement on behalf of 100 stores & a product value
of €100m United Hardware has two key buying initiatives to maximise
margin for its members.
Manufacturer Europe &
Distributed ex AHL
Net effect is to increase
UNITED HARDWARE HAS
INVESTED IN MANY OWN
BRANDS FOR THE LIGHT &
HEAVY SIDE OF THE