3. What is fourth generation (4G) mobile systems? Fourth generation mobile communications systems that are characterised by high-speeddata rates at 20 to 100 Mbps, suitable for high-resolution movies and television, virtual . Initial deployments are anticipated in 2006-2010 .
4. 4G: Anytime, Anywhere Connection Also known as ‘Mobile Broadband everywhere’ MAGIC Mobile Multimedia Communication Anywhere, Anytime with Anyone Global Mobility Support Integrated Wireless Solution Customized Personal Service According to 4G Mobile Forum, by 2008 over $400 billion would be invested in 4G mobile projects. In India, communication Minister Mr. Dayanidhi Maran, has announced a national centre of excellence to work in 4G arena.
5. 4G: Data rate Facts Transmission at 20 Mbps 2000 times faster than mobile data rates 10 times faster than top transmission rates planned in final build out of 3G broadband mobile 10-20 times faster than standard ADSL services.Companies developing 4G technology Cellular phone companies: Alcatel, Nortel, Motorola, IT Companies: Hughes,HP,LG Electronics
6. KEY TECHNOLOGYWIMAX : WORLDWIDE INTEROPERABILITY FOR MICROWAVE ACESS WIMAX IS BASSED ON OFDMA TECHNOLOGY OFDMA : ORTHOGONAL FREQUENCY DIVISION MULTIPLE ACESS 1 MILE MOBILE BROADBAND ACESS ALTERNATIVE TOCABLE OR DSL MODEM. IEEE802.16 a AND IEEE802.20 ARE THE WIMAXSTANDARDS .
7. WIBRO : WIRELESS BRADBAND WIBRO IS A KOREAN TECHNOLOGY 8.75 MHZ CHANNEL BANDWIDTH AROUND 30 MILES (50KM) IN FIXED STATION AND 3-10 MILES(15KM) FOR MOBILE STATION BROADBAND ACESS . IEEE 802.16 e AND IEEE802.22 ARE THE WIBRO STANDARDS .
8. 4G MOBILE PHONES
9. WHY 4G?Higher bandwidth enables a range of new applications!! For the consumer Video streaming, TV broadcast Video calls, video clips – news, music, sports Enhanced gaming, chat, location services… For business High speed teleworking / VPN access Sales force automation Video conferencing Real-time financial information
10. GOOGLE PHONES
11. Generations Timeline
12. 4G Provides Mobility & Capacity 4G
13. 4G SERVICES IN ASIA CDMA (1xEV-DO) Korea: SKT, KTF Japan: AU (KDDI) WCDMA / UMTS Japan: NTT DoCoMo, Vodafone KK Australia: 3 Hutchinson Hong Kong: 3 Hutchinson
14. WORLD WIDE SERVICE PROVIDERSAIS, ThailandÅlands Mobiltelefon, Mobilkom AustriaFinland Mobitel, BulgariaBatelco, Bahrain Mobily, Saudia ArabiaCellcom, Israel MTC Vodafone, BahrainCingular Wireless, MTN, South AfricaUSA Netcom, NorwayCSL, Hong Kong Orange, FranceDialog GSM, Sri Lanka Orange, RomaniaElisa, Finland Orange Slovensko, SlovakEMT, Estonia Oskar Mobile, CzechEurotel Praha, Czech Pannon GSM, HungaryEurotel Bratislava, Polkomtel, PolandSlovak Rogers Wireless - Fido, CanadaGPTC, LibyaMaxis, Malaysia
15. 4G RealitiesA recent study by Herschel Shosteck Associates noted that operatorsthat pay large amounts for spectrum will have to charge end users so much that adoption of 3G will be slow. Another study by Strategy Analytics agreed, predicting that, whilewireless data revenues will soar, 3G networks will account for less than a quarter of that revenue by 2010. So-called 3G killer apps such as multimedia wont succeed, the second study said. Pent-up demand: Now theres the rub. Even NTT DoCoMo doesnt think theres much pent-up demand among consumers for 3Gmultimedia services, so it will target its initial 3G offering at business -- and price it accordingly.
16. Related Research Topics OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Multiple Access) MC-CDMA (Multicarrier Code Division Multiple Access)Software Defined Radio (SDR): FPGA, DSP Multiple-Output Multiple Input (MIMO)
17. “Killer” Applications of 4G Visualized virtual navigation Telegeoprocessing: GIS, GPS Life- saving: TelemedicineVoice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) for IPv6