1. If you want to listen the Greek National Anthem, please click down and give someseconds to the Real Player to download: The Greek National Anthem
2. SECOND PART Imagery and text : compiled from several Net sites Conception and format : Delza Dias Ferreira email@example.comRevision and English version : Flavio Musa de Freitas Guimarães Musics : Melina Merkouri - Ta paidia tou Pirea Mikis Theodorakis – “Syrtaki” http://culturesandart.blogspot.com
3. Greece (Greek: Ελλάδα ), officially the Hellenic Republic, is a country whose mainland and most of its islands are in southeastern Europe, situated on the southern end of the Balkan Peninsula. Ancient Greece is often referred to as "the cradle of Western civilization”. The first known Greek civilizations dates from 3000 B. C. Administratively, Greece consists of 13 peripheries subdivided into a total of 54 prefectures. There is also one autonomous area, Mount Athos (Agio Oros, "Holy Mountain"), in Macedonia Periphery. 1. Attica 2. Central Greece – Continental 3. Central Macedonia 4. Crete 5. East Macedonia and Thrace 6. Epirus 7. Ionean Islands 8. North Aegean 9. Peloponese Column 450-330 B. C. 10. South Aegeanphoto by Aimilios Petrou 11. Thessaly 12. West Greece 13. West Macedonia
4. Greece – 3 Central Macedonia Thessaloniki - The Arch of Galerius
5. Greece – 3 Central MacedoniaThessaloniki - Aristotelous Square. Thessaloniki is Greeces second largest city and a major economic, industrial, commercial and cultural center.
6. Greece – 3 Central Macedonia Thessaloniki - Iktinou street in the center
7. Greece – 3 Central Macedonia Thessaloniki - a magical city
8. Greece – 3 Central MacedoniaThessaloniki - Aristotelous Square with Olympion Theatre on the left.
9. Greece – 3 Central Macedonia Thessaloniki - The seafront Nikis Avenue
10. Greece – 3 Central Macedonia Thessaloniki - Thessaloniki City Walls
11. Greece – 3 Central Macedonia Thessaloniki - Music Hall
12. Greece – 3 Central MacedoniaPart of Thessalonikis old market (Modiano-Kapani)
13. Greece – 4 Crete Heraklion or Iraklion
14. Greece – 4 Crete. Agios Nikolaos at sunset
15. Greece – 4 CreteVergina - A diadem from 4th century BC discovered in one of the Macedonian royal tombs.
16. Greece – 4 CreteHania - the old Venetian port. Hania is one of the most beautiful Greek towns and the old port, one of the most romantic places in Greece.
17. Greece – 4 CreteTertsa - one of a few hippies living on Crete and his donkey
18. Greece – 4 CreteRethimno - an old Venetian port
19. Greece – 4 CreteLasithi - Christos Neophytou
20. Greece – 5 East Macedonia Xanthi - on the road to Fanari
21. Greece – 5 East Macedonia Kavala from Citadel
22. Greece – 8 North AeteanChios – Pirgi – a place where somebody has a chance to live in medieval houses with modern conveniences.
23. Greece – 8 North AeteanMolyvos (Mythymna) – Lesvos – meal in a restaurant…
24. Greece – 8 North Aetean .Chios – Avgonima – A village of 11th century. The houses are built of stone with characteristic small windows which were used as loopholes against possible attacks of pirates.
25. Greece – 13 West Macedonia Kastoria - Greek dancers
26. Greece – 10 South Aegean - Dodekanisos Rhodes - Commercial Harbor and Arnaldus Gate