1. The Line GraphUse it to: Example use case:Track small Show sitechanges traffic, conversions, etc.
2. The Bar GraphUse it to: Example use case:Compare different groups; track Show sitelarger changes over time; STACK traffic, conversionsmultiple variables.
3. The Venn DiagramUse it to: Example use case:Show overlap Show how much of top- performing content is a certain type (e.g., video)
4. The Pie ChartUse it to: Example use case:Compare relative parts that Show website pagemake up a whole types
5. The Quadrant/MultivariateUse it to: Example use case:Get relative insight Show amount of content that isfrom multiple both educational ANDvariables shown on a multimedia (or not)spectrum
Standard Content Audit LanguageOf 3,674 page URLs, 1043are redirects and 429 return"404 page not found" errors.Additionally, of the remainingpages, 792 do not havecritical metadata (Page Titleand/or Description).
Your Mission• Your envelope contains your team’s assignment, your presentation scenario, and your goals• Work with your team to design a graphic that conveys this information visually and write a headline that will COMPEL YOUR AUDIENCE• Present your findings and recommendations to the room
5 Fundamentals of Data Visualization
7 Steps for Visualizing Data1. Look for patterns2. Look for breaks in the pattern3. Look for opportunities to prove your value4. Consider your “language” options (bar chart, etc.)5. Use text to compel6. Sketch it out low-fi7. THEN make it look pretty