SMAC is Changing the Way We Do
The SMAC Stack Requires Agile
• Enable movement of diverse information to more places
• Variety and growth in devices, internet touch points, and access methods
• More custom mobile applications and services within the enterprise
• The need to adopt standard applications for SaaS in the public cloud
The conversation is no longer about which applications and data will
move to the cloud, but rather which applications
and data will stay on premise.
Public Cloud Requires a Playbook
Steps to Develop a SaaS Security
1 2 3 54
• Just as enterprise applications and data are moving to SaaS,
security controls are also moving to SaaS.
• Decide which security controls will remain internally hosted
and managed vs. externally hosted and externally managed.
• Carefully evaluate SaaS providers as some controls are
immature and the ecosystem is evolving.
• Consider short-term contracts to allow flexibility to move to a
new supplier if capabilities or roadmaps no longer align to risk