3. In the summer of 1901 Wilbur and Orville Wright returned to North Carolina with a redesigned 22-foot wingspan glider. To provide more lift, its wing surface had almost twice the area of their 1900 glider.The new 1901 glider now had a foot actuated wing-warping system to turn the glider.
4. In this 1901 photo the Wilbur and Orville fly the glider like a kite.
5. • During late October and early November, Orville and Wilbur conducted tests on 200 different wing shapes in a homemade wind tunnel. They tested 38 different single-wing and multiple-wing configurations. Each wing was tested at 45 different angles.
6. The added moveable rudders.
7. And Eventually Powered Flight
8. Follow the history of flight in pictures at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008WV8L2I From the Wright Brothers to other early flyers, all the way to the F-22.
9. Over 200 pictures. Fun facts. Inflatoplane. Rotabuggy. Black Widow.http://www.amazon.com/dp/ B008WV8L2I