Insights from Tim Wilson, World-Renowned Psychologist
by 33voices.com on Nov 07, 2012
- 951 views
10 Inspirational Moments from Timothy Wilson ...
10 Inspirational Moments from Timothy Wilson
1. We see the world from our own perspective - so we're always making assumptions.
2. Do good - be good. Change your behavior first and your story will follow.
3. Writing about emotional challenges in your life can improve your physical and mental health. Learn more by researching James Pennebaker's work.
4. Use subtle story prompts to stop a self-defeating thinking pattern.
5. Small edits can lead to lasting change because its self-sustaining.
6. To edit an organizational narrative, experiment by testing subtle changes on an ongoing basis.
7. If you adopt a new behavior, such as doing volunteer work, you will trigger a tentative revision in your self-view.
8. Failure is in the eye of the beholder - it's how you explain it to yourself.
9. Optimism is a honed skill - practice it as you would a sport.
10."We become self-controlling by exercising self-control, and courageous by performing acts of courage." Aristotle
Advice: We are the stories we tell ourself.
Reflection: What story are you telling yourself about yourself?
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views