Insights from Lisa Cron, Story Consultant and instructor at UCLA
by 33voices.com on Nov 05, 2012
- 1,007 views
10 inspirational moments from Lisa Cron ...
10 inspirational moments from Lisa Cron
1. Story is what makes us human - we're wired to take information in through stories.
2. Story is how what happens affects someone who is trying to achieve what turns out to be a difficult goal, and how he/she changes as a result.
3. Stories should always answer the question - how is this going to help or hurt me?
4. Story is always about our human challenge and struggle - it helps zero in on what we need to change internally.
5. Three things that will evolve from a good story - all is not as it seems. A pattern has been broken and something needing to happen to fix it.
6. Every decision we make is emotional - stories trigger that emotion.
7. Hope is the emotion that you always want to leave with people.
8. Answer these Four Questions to write an effective story:
- Who's your audience and how do they see the world?
- What action do you want them to take?
- Why aren't they doing it now?
- Figure out what they need to overcome that fear?
9. To be believable, let your story make you seem vulnerable.
10.There's no writing - There's only rewriting.
Best Advice: Everybody feels like they're faking it!
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views