5. Wax maintainedthe engagement ofthe audience byusing visuals andhandmade propsto make her points.
6. I would rate herdynamism a 4 on ascale of 1 to 5.
7. To increase herdynamism shemight considermore handmotions and morevisuals
8. Tips used from Garr Reynolds During Wax’s presentation she used a variety of tips given by Garr Reynolds like showing passion. Her topics were related to her personal experiences and her passion was very evident.
9. Other tips from Reynoldsthat Wax applied includeda strong start, movingaway from the podium,keeping the presentationshort, and making goodeye contact.
10. Some things that I learnedfrom Wax’s presentationwas using comedy toengage the audience canbe very successful.
11. I also learned that usingvisuals can help theaudience to follow what it isyou are talking about.
12. Her presentationcompared to that of SirKen Robinson was notbetter but different.Robinson used a lotmore comedy andanecdotes to get someof his points across.While Wax used morehand motions andvisuals to capture theaudience.
13. Also Wax’spresentation wassubstantially shorterand more to thepoint which Ibelieve allowed herspeech to be a littlemore effect thanthat of Robinson.
14. Tips for ClassmatesOne of the biggestthings I noticedwatching the TEDtalk presentations isit appears that thespeakers arehaving fun whichallows the audienceto relax a little bit. So have fun!!!
15. TED TalksSlideshow Based on Ruby Wax’s “What’s soBy: Ingrid Funny about Mental Illness” Little For Public Speaking Online