lies in the heart of Europe, where the Alps meet
the Mediterranean and the Pannonian Plain
meets the Karst.
• The capital.
• Big city life with the small town hassle.
• It has everything you might expect and it's in the palm of
your hand; galleries, museums, ancient building, Roman
• Beautiful city center, with the famous bridge and the lovely
river flowing leisurely underneath it.
• Best time for a visit is on a Saturday morning; go to the
market, follow it with a cup of coffee right on the river bank.
Enjoy the sun, crowds of people and the beautiful views of
the cathedral and the castle perched on top of the hill.
• One of the towns on the Slovenian infamous coast.
• For a break from the often too foggy and cold Ljubljana,
enjoy the sun that seems to always shine in Piran.
• The smell of the sea in the small harbor, the narrow streets,
squares and the architecture will make you feel as if you've
stumbled into one of the towns in Italy.
• The beautiful church set on the hill, offers beautiful views of
the town and the bay.
• The place dreams are made of.
• Mountain peaks surrounding an Alpine lake with an island
right smack in the middle of it. To top it all the islands has a
church with a bell tower. The legend has it that by ringing
the bell and making a wish, it will come true.
• With a castle high on the rock overlooking the lake the
fairytale setting is complete.
4. River Soca
• 136 kilometers of emerald green river.
• From rafting to kayaking you can pick whatever suits you
• You will fall in love with this region famous also for its lovely
sheep's cheese and with high mountain peaks shielding it,
gorges making it even more unique it is really hard not to.
5. Logarska valley
• This is how a paradise looks like; lush green meadows,
waterfall and an array of friendly tourist farms to make you
• One of the most beautiful glacial valleys in Europe.
• You've got plenty of things you can do, if you want to hike in
the surrounding hills or just soak up the beauty around you.
• If you skip on my suggestions all together and choose
something different, that's completely OK, because
Slovenia has so many great sites, whatever you pick will be
• I could go on all day citing all the places that should never