2. TIII one‐day conference Event linked to our TIII project Bring together our network and other interested parties Learn about TIII
3. T angibleI ntuitiveI nteractiveI nterface
5. Nest thermostatCommercial
6. INDUSTRIAL DESIGN CENTERIndustrial Design Center is aknowledge and expertise centerfor the Howest industrial productdesign department.Aim = transfer research andacademic results to the industry.Provoke cooperation...(re)creating the industry
7. IDC IDC IDCEducation Research Service 1. LESOPDRACHTEN
8. October 2011 – September 2012:Tetra project“Preliminary study for the development of a platform fordesigning Tangible Intuitive Interactive Interfaces [TIII].”
10. Cases from the industryExploration within the TIII-project
11. Cases from the industryExploration within the TIII-project Individual project
12. Cases New interface for digital tv Interdisciplinary project: • DAE • Devine • Industrial designMovie: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbpoxsi28cegumv/telenet.mov
13. Cases Intelligent mirror Explorational study by students Innovation project in cooperation with partner U-sentricMovie: http://youtu.be/CdRHgSP9Vcs
14. Cases Non stigmatizing interface for home careMaster thesis – Jasmien Decancq- User centered design- Interface testing
15. Cases - awards• Two mechatronic projects in the top 5 at “dag van de ingenieur”.• Jasmien Decanq won first price at the Televic Awards with her non stigmatizing interface for home care.
16. 22 June 2012IWT decision – Positive – High score
17. October 2012 – September 2014Tetra project“Development of a platform for the design of TangibleIntuitive Interactive Interfaces or TIII”
18. New technologies Explore! Easy accessible Multiple partnersHowest infrastructure Call for Cases! Low risk Project managing As elaborated as you want Cheap Testing new methods
20. Cases The use of ipad in games Cooperation with a student Product design to create a new game‐concept that integrates a tablet into boardgames.
21. Cases Bio‐sensorsStudent project:“How to integrate bio‐sensors in a way that is pleasant for the user.”
22. Opportunities• Integrating electronics in textile and jewelry• Research for possibilities and applications for gestural interfaces• Augmenting existing products
23. Future eventsThis year (2012 – 2013): – TIII one‐day conference (11/09/2012) – Brainstorm session: How to set up an individual roadmap and select your team – 3 evaluation meetings: project results + feedback • Kick‐off meeting in October: http://doodle.com/ruda598nabfv7mwb • January, April
24. Future eventsSecond year (2013 – 2014): – Second TIII conference – Workshop: “How to design your own TIII” – 3 evaluation meetings: project results + feedback • October, January, April
25. ApproachTIII Network – Organizations, Educational institutions and Companies – Design, Application, User, Technology Interdisciplinary teams! New opportunities Getting to know each other
26. ApproachMethods and tools – Guidance to design your own TIIITIII Experience lab ‐ Materials and equipment to build TIII • Sifteo cubes • Arduino • Raspberry Pi • Leap motion • Pebble watch •… ‐ User experience testing
27. TEAM‐ IDC ‐ Jelle Saldien (Project leader) and Jolien De Ville (Project ambassador) • Communication within the network • Online platform • Organizing events • Roadmap cases • TIII design guide • Building teams for specific cases • Publications
28. TEAMgroep T ‐ Karen Vanderloock (Project ambassador) • Study of existing labs • Research for relevant sensors, actuators, tools, software,… • Analysing software & tools • PublicationsCUO ‐ Jorick Vissers (Project ambassador) • Studying of existing labs • Research for relevant sensors, actuators, tools, software,… • Developing user tests • Publications
29. October 2014 - …Self sustainable platform where we can keepworking with the companies to realize TIII.
30. Interested in joining our project?We are looking for new companies!
31. Financing– Subsidized amount (IWT): 367.726 EUR– To be financed by the user group: only 7,5% of the total amountParticipation = 1 500 < amount< 3000
32. What do you get in return?
33. Inspiration• Member of the TIII network • Participation in events• Cooperating with other partners –> new insights in your company.• Neutral contact point. • Full access to our website: state of the art, project results, first access to research results.
34. Demonstration• Submit cases, executed by students• Submit cases specifically tailored to your company / organization• Making real working prototypes• Ideas for new TIIIs will be translated into new innovation projects with the right partners
35. Exploration• Roadmap for your case• Knowledge, network and facilities of Howest / IDC• TIII‐lab to explore • Methodology and toolbox to create your own TIII• Use existing light lab and ProtoLab
36. Evaluation• Cases ran by students can validate the potential of a project at a low cost for your company.• We encourage our members to give us feedback so the project can lead to an outcome that is interesting for them and supports them in their innovation strategy.
39. Competition• Breaks: demos by companies and students• Student demos: competition!! – Fill out the form in your folder and bring it to someone of the Howest‐crew (green badge) – At the end of the day prizes will be distributed to the best projects
40. Join us? contact us! Approach us today! e‐mail: Jolien.firstname.lastname@example.org Jelle.email@example.com www.tiii.be Like us! “Tangible Intuitive Interactive Interfaces” @tiii_project