Liver Transplant Surgery in India - Procedure, Outcome & Cost
Liver Transplant Surgery in India
– Procedure, Outcome & Cost
IndiCure Treatment Solutions
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Call at - +91 98184 62127,
+91 93200 36777
Liver Transplant Surgery
• Liver transplantation is a surgery to replace a diseased
liver with a healthy liver taken from another person
called a donor.
• Liver transplant surgery is recommended in individuals
who have end stage liver failure.
• Liver Cirrhosis is one of the major reasons that lead
to liver failure.
Types of Liver Transplants
• Deceased liver transplant – It is a type of liver
transplantation in which the donor of liver is a person
who has recently died.
• Living donor liver transplant – In this type of liver
transplant surgery, a section of liver is taken up from a
living donor. As liver can regenerate on its own, the two
sections - transplanted liver as well as the remaining
section of donor liver re-grow into a complete liver.
Investigations prior to Liver
• The initial procedure involves a series of investigations
to make sure that the donor is healthy and can survive
• The patient is also checked if he is a suitable candidate
for liver transplantation. Blood tests are done to
ascertain compatibility along with some other tests such
as Chest X-ray, Abdmominal CT scan, Echo, EKG,
physical assessment by physician and psychological
Liver Transplant Procedure
• The surgery is quite an extensive procedure and entails
removing either left or right lobe of the liver.
• Usually right lobe is taken for adults and left for
• Post donor’s surgery, diseased liver from the recipient is
removed and replaced with the part taken from the
donor. The blood vessels and bile ducts are connected
to the liver lobe. After the surgery, the transplanted
lobe regenerates to 85% of original liver within a week.
Expected Outcomes of Liver Transplant
• The outcomes of liver transplant surgery are quite
satisfying. After a successful liver transplant the patient
is expected to return to regular lifestyle after six
• Patients with liver transplants are expected to live a
healthy and active life provided they are put on healthy
diet, a regular exercise regime and medication.
Laws for Organ Transplant in India
• In India the laws for liver transplant surgery are very
strict and prohibit any commercial transaction for liver
transplant. For organ transplants the government only
allows relatives to donate any organ transplant.
• In case a foreigner wants to donate liver, special
permission from government is to be taken once it is
established that there is absolutely no commercial
transaction for liver between donor and recipient.
Cost of Liver Transplant Surgery in India
• Liver transplant surgery in India is done at few of the
best hospitals in India that offer cutting edge
technology and highly skilled surgeons who have been
performing surgery with great precision.
• The cost of liver transplant surgery in India varies
between 35,000 – 40, 000 USD.
• The cost of liver transplant is much cheaper in India
than the cost of liver transplant surgery in western
• IndiCure is the most trusted medical tourism company
in India arranging liver transplant surgery at best
hospitals in India.
• IndiCure associates only with best liver transplant
surgeons in India and offers liver transplantation at
very affordable cost in India.
Write to us:
Call us at:
+91 98184 62127
+91 93200 36777