• Education : Psychology Major from Mumbai
• Movie Star : Worked with the biggest producers
and directors and acted in Hindi Bollywood movies
as well as popular TV soaps (Naseeb Na Khel as
leading man, A Gujrati remake of Amitabh starrer
‘Majboor’, Pratighaat, Buniyaad, Mashaal, etc).
After all the stardom, he decided to let it all go, to
pursue martial arts and spirituality.
• Martial Arts : A World Koshiki Karate Champion.
Won World Championships & International awards
in martial arts and taught over 10,000 students in
the age ranging from 5 to 85 years since 1984
• Trekker and Traveler : Back packed most parts of
Australia (approx 25000 km), trekked in central parts
Down Under and climbed the Ayer’s Rock (one of the
biggest and treacherous monolith rocks in the world).
Sensei has also trekked some rough terrains in the
Indonesian volcanic region and loves to continue
going outdoors in local terrain and mountains.
Trekking mountains in Bhutan, including the ‘Tigers
Nest’. Travelled In Nepal, Sweden as well as Norway,
besides some of the mountains and forest of India.
• Personal Guidance/Consultations : Today Sensei Kuki
teaches meditative resistance weight training,
yogasanas, pranayam (i.e. Training the Body as a Tool
to Train the Mind) and other ways to attain health to
students at his private studio in India. Guiding people
to heal themselves without medication, including
severe cases who have been recommended surgeries
by top doctors of the country.
• Profile: http://www.kukikan.com/about-sensei.html
• My search to find answers for many of the mysteries of mind-matter led me to
experiment with many prevalent techniques available today. In the process and
bargain I trained and went to many extremes, thereby injuring my body in many
• Once having an anterior cruciate ligament tear of my knee which put me out of
action for 8 months. It took 8 months to heal without surgery and medication,
but supported by the wisdom of healing.
• In 1996, I had a right side partial paralysis which the body healed in a week’s
time, again without medication..
• My lower back vertebrae were popping out (L4-L5 spondylolisthesis); I was
asked to do a spinal surgery and was told that I cannot do martial art training or
even lift 10 kg weight. But with bringing the body to the right balance I was
lifting twice my body weight in three days.
• Also faced a situation where I had 90-95% blocks in my major arteries of the
heart. Had a major myocardial infarction (heart attack), they said I had
damaged almost 35% of my cardiac muscle which cannot be repaired. On the
10th day, back from the hospital I stopped all medication. In six months I came
back to my normal training schedules and trekking in the mountains. Complete
reversal without surgery and medication. Even the damaged muscles
• Sometimes the body healed in a day and sometimes it took months, but I had
faith in my body and the nature’s law. Not blind faith, but faith backed by
wisdom, faith in the light of science and medicine.
• My mind-body unfolded many answers and taught me the virtues of patience and perseverance.
• All these situations gave me an opportunity to learn many mysteries within my own mind-breath-body
phenomenon. Finding answers at the experiential level, having the wisdom of health and healing as a by-product
of liberating one-self.
• I experimented with various meditation techniques from different traditions including some from vigyan bhairav
tantra and zen meditation as taught by the shaolin masters.
• Learning from some of the best teachers in the world is a blessing. They guided me and taught me ‘The Way of
the Warrior’. My body is my greatest teacher. Every moment I learn from my body and one must learn to listen to
the body. To be healthy, happy and peaceful one has to train the body and use it as a tool to train the mind. I
realized that the final home coming is only with ‘The Search Within’.
• As my training progressed further and realizations dawned, one day everything became crystal clear. In that clarity
I realized the essence of training can only come through the experience within the body. 'Kukikan' was crystallized
THE WARRIOR AND THE WAR IS WITHIN
The heart of Kukikan training is the practice of the balanced
path. The balanced path is the practice which must include
• Body training which must include three essentials
• Breath awareness will have three phases
• Mind training which must have three parameters
These three interdependent and interchanging parameters
are represented by the three rings in the Kukikan symbol.
“One must have strength to
hold a stable posture. A
stable posture is a pre-
requisite for a stable mind.
Strength training is the basis of any
physical training in modern times. It
is the way to experience Yoga in the
AS A TOOL
• Sensei Kuki’s contribution to the world of martial arts has been
unforgettable. But besides martial arts, he also has more than 34 years of
experience in the field of weight training, yogasanas and other bodyworks.
• He is one of the first to combine the wonders of martial arts, weight training
• He has taught more than 10,000 people.
• Sensei has been the guiding light and has helped health seekers reach out
beyond the impermanence of physical glamour. His ever inspiring journey
has touched and given direction to the lives of over thousands of disciples
and travels across Sweden, Norway, Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Nepal &
Zendo is the place where you practice The Way. The retreat of your
mind is within. You carry your Zendo all the time – your body. Within the
body is the search and the entire experience of your mind.
• Teaches deeper aspects of meditative processes on Silent Retreats that can
last from 1-day, 3-days to 7-days.
• Offering people the priceless knowledge to become the “Masters of their
own Health Happiness and Peace”.
• The retreats are about “No Gurudom – Only Wisdom”.
• He teaches the mantra of ‘No Pain - More Gain’ as opposed to the norm of
‘No Pain - No Gain’.
• On the same lines Sensei leads ‘Silent Trails’ in the hills and mountains
using the natural element for training the mind body spectrum.
• His talks and seminars highlight the straight path to experience on various
subjects from health to liberation, from spirituality to religion.
“ Any spiritual path that includes all three dimensions which is represented by
three circles is the complete training for any human being in the world. One can
give it any name. If one of the factor is missing then that path is an incomplete
path, not leading to Heath, Happiness and Peace.
SILENCE OF 3 CIRCLES
When one attends a Kukikan Retreat one understands the importance and
the process of Silence at 3 levels, from gross to subtle.
These are the requisites to experience ‘Silence’
Physical : Stability, alignment, & Isolation
Vocal : Ceasing of verbal & internal dialogue
Mental: Concentration & Removal of mental defilements
Healing happens in ‘Silence’ . Silence is the inner health; mind is the inner
disease, inner disturbance. Silence is the beginning and not the end of the
process. In silence one begins to see the reality ‘as it is’.
Heal ‘thy’ self is a healthy self. The body's ability to heal itself is health .
In olden times after a fierce battle a warrior, at the end of the day would
‘Retreat’ in his camp to rest …heal and energize himself to face the next
days battle . Living in the 21st century is similar to a battlefield.
At the Kukikan retreat one learns ‘the way’ to recuperate and heal
oneself…to recharge …to have clarity…to face the stress of daily modern
Sensei Kuki has recently published a book called
‘Tao of 3 Rings ‘.
This book unfolds ‘The Tao’, meaning ‘The Way’ of…
Kukikan- The Search Within. An inner science rooted in
• The journey of mind-breath-body and their
• Weight training as a skillful means in 21st century to
understand and experience Yoga.
• Improving strength safely and its application to training
for deep meditation.
• How one can do walking meditation as well as take a
spiritual vacation to a gym.
• … And much more.
This is a great gift for any person, who seeks simple
guidelines to be healthy, happy and peaceful.
TAO OF 3 RINGS
WEBSITE : WWW.KUKIKAN.COM EMAIL : SENSEI@KUKIKAN.COM CELL : +91 9372479576
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.