On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Walk to Equality :
Ensuring Safety and
Empowerment of Women
A Reality check of the fiefs where the
problem has dwelled …Population
Literacy rate :
Judges(SC) : 2/26
BPL families :21.9%
A total of 228,650
cases of crime
against women (both
under IPC & SLL)
reported in 2011
Male :54.3 %
Female :13.8 %
The Triggerers behind the curtain …
Lack of effective
enforcement of laws
Arise in the demand
for sex workers in a
highly lucrative &
alcohol and drugs
Lack of awareness of
Lack of Unity
Greed for Dowry
To mark “Women hold up half the sky “ in real sense ,
we propose the solution of changing the orthodox ,
traditional or ill mind-set of people regarding this
1. Naari Sulabh Kaksh (NSK) :
• Forming NSK in every village , town , city of India with 24 hour
• The members shall belong to the same region /area where NSK is
established . Involvement of volunteers from academic ,
professional and retired sphere shall be the prime focus.
• The Agenda of this cell shall include organising Campaigns ,
Counselling sessions , Seminars , Defence Classes in regard to the
female age-groups of the same region , focussing on vulnerabilities
and their coping up solutions and being a advisory listener to
their grievances .
• On the part of Government , initialising the formation of such Cells
should be one of the primary objectives .
• Appointing personalities for interviewing volunteers .
• The Working Agenda should be prepared by Govt. functionaries
for atleast one year .
Resources Needed :
• Required space for the functioning of NSK .
• Financial aid for assisting the activities of the cell.
• Mass media participation in publicising the objectives and undertakings of NSK.
• Preferring Academic Institutions for developing such cells .
Key Zones :
• Academic : Schools , Colleges , Universities , etc.
• Government Functionaries
• Private Sector
• Home /Family
Sources of Funding :
• Government Aid
• Developing as an “All In One” cell for women , imparting them the counselling , empowering
them by educating at basic level , teaching basic defence techniques .
• Enhancing the status of women in society by engaging them in small scale entrepreneurship
or micro-financing .
• Awaring the women about their rights by holding campaigns and advertising via media .
• Holding seminars for parents , guiding them to give up their orthodox beliefs like Honour
Killing , prostitution , female foeticide , trafficking which put female gender at stake .
• Educating adolescent girls about health-related issues such as sanitation during mensturation
cycles , contraceptive measures , avoiding drugs and importance of family planning .
• Holding discussions and sessions in schools (at grassroot level of imparting education )
concerned with respect of women and seeing them as an equal status human .
1. To attract mass
regarding the issue
2. To serve as
trustworthy entity in
1. Proper funding at
corruption in utilising
the Govt. funding
Political Parties for
the sake of mass
1. Appointing socially
2. Support linkages
groups and other
that work in the
area of economic
and social justice.
the execution of
activities , for eg :
budget to propose
leaders such as
2. Including HUMAN ETHICS subject
The need of the hour is to eradicate the root cause that is the ill-mindset of
male dominant society by beginning from the primary level of academic
upbringing of children , i.e . School curriculum . A subject dedicated towards
inculcating moral values , behaviour ethics , respect for other gender in tender
age children , should be included in the curriculum .
AGENDA to be followed :
• Presenting the scenario of women suffrage in society via smart classes and
how orthodox lifestyle of male dominance is impeding the growth of
• Adopting the behavioural quality of being a caretaker , helper and supporter
of needy groups and voicing hard against the injustices and unjust practices
Educating women will further increase the literacy rate ….since by that we
educate a family as “ Empowering Women leads to Empowering Generations”.
Contribution by a team-
Secondary sources and References
Indian Journal of Human Development (Jan-June 2012)
Women and Men 2012