1. Stepping Stones: Enhancing the
quality of Primary Education
Presented by :Water team
2. When we Talk about the quality of
A Few Questions arises
• Do we have a quality curriculum to teach
• Do we have enough teachers and whether the
teachers are well trained and qualified ?
• Do we have quality provisions for schools or
only quantity is a concern ?
• Do we have measures for assuring retention in
schools or just enrolment will work ?
3. Where Primary Education Leads to
Students ? How we can call students
responsible if we are not providing
strong and rigid foundation to them
during there primary education .if 40%
of standard five students in rural India
cannot solve simple two-digit
subtractions. then there is something
wrong with teachers way of teaching.
4. Primary school teachers in rural India
often try to educate students by
making them repeat sections of text
over and over again. Often they do not
explain the meaning of the text, which
results in stunted reading
comprehension skills over the course
of the children's education.
5. Two reasons are responsible for
down quality of education
1. Untrained teachers
6. 2. Inappropriate evaluation
7. Another disheartening factor has been
a highly bureaucratic administrative
system that discourages bold decision
making and makes implementation
difficult. So initial need of the time is
Department of education should be an
independent body, run by eminent
personalities in field of Education and
Research and Persons have done
researches in their particular field.
8. The body Should be just like election
commission. Free from any political
pressure and financial limitations.
There should be uniform curriculum
for all India schools.
9. The Education Lifecycle or Funnel -
Building Blocks to Quality Learning
We represent the entire education
lifecycle as follows:
10. We need to initiate more Olympiads and
competitions to calculate the performance
because mark is inappropriate way to do
so. Schools should facilitate the learning
process , not to interface with it , Teachers
should have moderate and balanced
perception about the thoughts and things
which will help students to shape their
We have to left the tendency : Nowadays
Humans are being molted into machines
and Machines are into humans.