Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
0
SalemStars01
SalemStars01
SalemStars01
SalemStars01
SalemStars01
SalemStars01
SalemStars01
SalemStars01
SalemStars01
SalemStars01
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
1,212
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
2
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
2
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. A New Project to increase the Employability of Youths in India Presented by :- P.S.Alex P.R.Kannan A.Kamalakannan P.Geetha N.Devendhiran
  • 2.  The number of educated unemployed may rise due to a mismatch between knowledge and skills that are imparted by the educational institutions on the one hand and what is required by industry on the other.  In the recent job fairs conducted at a reputed Indian University, though the employers came up with plenty of openings, the number of graduates who had required qualification and skills in terms of analytical, verbal and interpersonal skills were only 4 per cent.  The remaining 96 per cent of graduates were unemployable. Employers did not get the applicants with right skill set, mind set and tool set.  Industry also looks for multi skilled individuals.  All these things lead to un employability. Educated Youth Employability Skills Unemployment
  • 3. Plan 1 Soft Skills Training to all UG & PG Students Plan II Industry and University collaboration Plan III Industry Internship Programme Plan IV Mentoring Measures to Increase Employability
  • 4.  Language and soft skill programmes should become mandatory for postgraduate student and undergraduate student.  Introduction of soft skills and language skills will certainly improve the employability of our graduate student.  In order to implement this Soft skill training in all colleges in our country will lead to the youths to get a good job. Plan I - Soft Skill Education
  • 5.  There is need to end the isolation of higher education sector and the industrial sector.  Both the sector should come together in their own interest and in the interest of the nation.  The higher education institutes should build relationships with industry and collaborate with them in designing the requisite curriculum for supplying employable graduates in the industry and business organizations.  Enhancing employability through imparting required skills has become the imperative of the higher education system. Plan II - University-Industry Collaboration
  • 6.  In association with industry, an industry internship programmes should be made mandatory.  So that the graduates can understand the industry atmosphere and the industries can identify the talents and skills in our graduates and employ them opportunities arise. Plan III - Industry Internship Programme
  • 7.  Universities should offer structured mentoring programs to student as a way to expose them to experience professionals who assist them to reflect on their development needs and career direction.  It will help to deepen student’ understanding of their intended profession and to build relationships that will assist them in following graduation.  For this purpose motivators and counselors should cooperate with institutions in the process of giving guidance and inspirations to students regarding the ways to increase employability skill from time to time in order to be excellent workers.  Apart from that, apprentice programs are suggested to be carried out so that students will be able to understand employability skill better.  This program will also serve the purpose to make student realized that employability skill is as important as technical skills. Plan IV - Mentoring
  • 8.  All the above plans are able to execute under the state government and central government education schemes.  The industries allocate the staffs to teach the (Plan I)Soft Skill Education to the students by implementing the (Plan II).  By the help of Alumni's and NGO’s we can easily contact the (Plan III) Industries to conduct the Internship Programmes.  By the help of NGO’s also we can give the (Plan IV) mentoring to Students to reduce unemployment.  Implementation Plan
  • 9.  The support of State government education schemes may be differ from state to state. Merits of the project :  In our point of view it is a very good and very simple plan to reduce unemployment.  This plan didn't need lot of money.
  • 10. Thank You

×