What is primary health care?
• Primary health care is nothing but
providing basic health care to the each and every
• At the presence scenario, the primary
health care center are better in urban areas than the
• To overcome this situation we suggest
3. DEMOGRAPHIC TRANSITION
There are three stages in demographic transition:
High birth rate , High death rate
High birth rate , Low death rate
Low birth rate , Low death rate
At the earlier days ,the scenario was like stage1.
4. DEMOGRAPHIC TRANSITION
Then after 30 – 40 years ,there was a dramatic
change in the medical field and the scenario was like
Around 1961 ,family planning scheme was
implemented which made a reduction in population
These are applicable only in urban areas than in
In rural areas ,the situation is still in the stage1.
5. AIM OF THE PRIMARY HEALTH CARE
Primary health care shifts the emphasis of health
care to the people themselves and their needs,
reinforcing and strengthening their own capacity to
shape their lives.
As a philosophy, primary health care is based on
the overlap of mutuality, social justice and equality.
Primary health care maximizes the involvement of
6. AIM OF THE PRIMARY HEALTH CARE
It includes all relevant sectors but avoids duplication
of services; and uses only health technologies that
are accessible, acceptable, affordable and
Primary health care needs to be delivered close to
the people; thus, should rely on maximum
7. ESSENTIAL COMPONENTS
1. education for the identification and prevention /
control of prevailing health challenges
2. proper food supplies and nutrition; adequate
supply of safe water and basic sanitation
3. maternal and child care, including family planning
4. immunization against the major infectious
8. ESSENTIAL COMPONENTS
5. prevention and control of locally endemic diseases
6. appropriate treatment of common diseases using
7. promotion of mental, emotional and spiritual health
8. provision of essential drugs (WHO & UNICEF, 1978).
9. NECESSITY OF HEALTH CARE CENTERS
10. OUR IMPLEMENTATION
Recently our government has made mandatory for the doctors
to work in rural areas for two years after their completion of
That will be a better idea ,if we have a few more constraints .
Each and every peoples in the particular rural area has to
report about the doctors and his services during the course of
If there is only positive comments , he can start his own
clinics and work for any private hospitals that he desires.
If not so ,he should work for another 1 year.