1. BANGLADESHTREADING THE TALIBAN TRAIL Editor JAIDEEP SAIKIA
2. Islam is on rise in Bangladesh.In coming days the South Asia willwitness a more intense Islamic terror.
3. “Amra sobai hobo Taliban, Bangla hobeAfghanistan”(“We will be the Taliban.andBangladesh will be Afghanistan”)
4. Because of fundamentalistIslamism, Bangladesh was liable tobecome the “next Afghanistan”.
5. Madrassa-Schools forterrorists Total number of madrassas in Bangladesh is 8,897. They are monitored by rich Islamic countries like Saudi-Arabia. Madrassas are essentially free and run on the name of religion,
6. 3.34 million pupils are now studying at Bangladesh’s Thousands ofMadrassas, nearly five times as many as even in Pakistan.
7. Bangladesh- IndependentIslamic stateSince 1971, Bangladesh witnesseddismantling of its secularist principles.A constitutional amendment in 1988 declaredIslam as state religion in Bangladesh.
8. Islamic teachingsThe vast majority of Islamic schools ormadrassas are simply teachingstudents to be more devoted Muslims.And to be a devoted Muslim is to bea good Terrorist.
9. Islamisation of Bangladesh Deletion of Article 12: It effectively withdrew the mandate for a secular government. Article 8: Replacement of the word “secularism” with the words “absolute trust in the almighty Allah.” Addition of Clause 2 of Article 25: “The state shall endeavor to consolidate, preserve and strengthen fraternal relations among Muslim countries based on Islamic solidarity.”
10. Islamic lawAccording to Jamaat-e-Islami Bangladesh’sconstitution should be replaced by an“Islamic form of government” and Islamic law.It opposes- “nationalist, secularist, andsocialist leaders”
11. Jamaat’s five line motto includes adeclaration that “Jihad is our means.”
12. Jamaat-e-Islami Jamaat has been concerned in the killing of university professors during the bloody events of 1971. Jammat was banned from political activities , but in 1977 was allowed once again to participate in the Bangladesh politics.
13. Islamic teachingsMadrassas follow a form of DeobandiIslam that was taught in the 1950s.They define Muslim politics inopposition to Indian nationalism.
14. Islam can never be secu;arUnited states feels that moderationcontinues to determine Islamic practicein Bangladesh, then it should thinkagain.There can be no improvement inBangladesh until Islam is there.
15. Terrorist links with MadrassasJamaat and Islami Chhatra Shibir haveties to madrassas.These organizations have beenimplicated in a number of bombings andpolitically and religiously motivatedassassinations.
16. Indo-Bangladesh border The Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) have routinely clashes with the Indian Border Security (BSF). BSF deputy commandant, B.R. Mondal and fifteen BSF jawans were murdered, and some of the BSF jawans were killed were slung on bamboo poles and carried away like animals.
17. The Indian Border Security Force (BSF): “The rebel from North-East India maintain at least 195 camps inside Bangladesh.” Claim of Bangladesh to India’s North East was greater than that of India.
18. Harakat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami- Bangladesh (HUJI-B) Their main objective is to establish Islamic rule in Bangladesh. It has demonstrated connections to Osama Bin Laden. Their leaders and members have demonstrated willingness to resort violence to advance its agenda.
19. HUJI-B -Connections toOsama Bin LadenHUJI-B’s founder, Fazul Rahman, was one ofthe main signatories to Osama Bin Laden’s23 February, 1998 fatwa, “World IslamicFront Statement Urging Jihad againstJews and Crusaders,” which declares UScivilians to be the legal target for attack
20. Islamisation of North-EastPakistan with Bangladeshi complicity isengaged in strategic, deliberate campaign todestabilize North East and MilitariesBangladeshi Islamic migrants.
21. Plight of Hindu Minorities inBangladesh Hindus in Bangladesh make up for less than 10% of total population Hindu Places of worship were ransacked. Villages were destroyed Hindu women were raped. All this because Hindu tended to vote “Awami League.”
22. Ethnic Cleansing of Hindus in Hindu Population of East Bengal/East Pakistan/ Bangladesh30.00%25.00%20.00%15.00% Hindu Population10.00%5.00%0.00%
23. Torture of Non-Muslims Salam Azad wrote a book about the plight of the minorities and growing Islamization of his country- Bangladesh. Most of his works are banned in Bangladesh. Because of persecution, Azad’s wife and he are now temporary resident of India.
24. Usurped Hindu lands Because of Atrocities in Bangladesh by Muslims, millions of Hindus emigrated to West Bengal and Tripura The land they left behind was taken over by the State. Land was leased to others through Evacuee Property Management Committee. US State Department:“Approximately 2.5 million acres of land was seized from Hindus and almost all of the 10 million Hindus in the country were
25. Non-Muslims Massacred by BNP On 16 November, Gopal Krishna Muhuri, Principal of Nazirhat College in Chittagong, was shot dead at his home. A journalist Shahriar Kabir was arrested, who has sought to publicize abuse against Hindus. Christians were killed by bombs in the church of Baniachong. A Buddhist religious priest named Gyanjoti Bhikku at Raujan under Chittagong District was killed.
26. Hindus were not allowed to vote in Bangladesh In1992, during the government of Khaleda Zia, many anti-Hindu pogroms took place. Hindus were not allowed to vote in 2001 because they refused to forgive Khaleda Zia. Hindus were threatened by the members of BNP-led alliance not to vote. Within 45 days after the election
27. Hindus Raped and Massacred in Bangladesh The attackers entered the home of a college student, ransacked the house, looted valuable and raped her in front of her mother. The attackers came at night, told the family that they should leave the area because they voted for Awami League. Then they tied up the husbands and raped the women.
28. Jiziya-The tax of being a Non-Muslim 8 December 2001, Bangladeshi newspaper reported: 50 Christian families in Notre were subjected by the nightmare of the hoodlums. Give ransom or Girl, ordered hoodlums
29. Raping Hindus out ofBangladesh Religious cleansing of Hindus is the primary goal. The underlying policy is “jane maaris na, ijjat maar” (don’t kill them, rape their women).
30. Condition of Minorities inBangladesh The minorities of Bangladesh have only three options. To change their faith and become Muslims To leave the country, leaving behind all their possessions in Bangladesh Get external support to combat the situation.
31. Rohingyas-A Muslim Minority in Burma In 1978, 2,00,00 Rohingyas fled to Bangladesh after Burma’s military government had launched a campaign to rid the area of Illegal migrants. In 1980s, more radical elements among the Rohingyas broke away from the RPF to set up Rohingyas Solidarity Organization(RSO). Nearly 100 RSO rebels were reported to be undergoing training in the Afghan provience of Khost with Hizb-e-Islami
32. Bangladeshi in Delhi More than 1,50,000 Bangladeshis who have migrated to Delhi, primarily from the districts of Khulna, Bagerhat, Faridpur, and Barisal. Politicians like H. K. L. Bhagat have organized ration cards and free weekly medical care for these migrants
33. History DistortedSchool children of Bangladesh are made tobelieve that the Marauders of 1971 were“Indians”History books only referred to the “allied” forcesassisting the freedom fighters without namingany Country.
34. Indian sacrifice gone in vain India contributed in blood, sweat, and money to Bangladesh liberation war in 1971. Sacrifices made by Indian soldiers have been totally erased from public memoies. After Independence, Bangladesh gave up secularism and projected India not as a neighbor but as a bully.
35. Economic persecution of MinoritiesIn 1993, BNP government enacted a law. Minorities were not allowed to withdraw a large amount from the banks. The commercial banks also stopped the disbursement of business loans to Minorities. Local officials and law enforcing agencies side with the Muslim majority population against the minorities.
36. Indian Congress encouragedMigration Since 1961,Congress party encouraged illegal migrants from Bangladesh to build up its Vote Bank. The Congress and its successor has always ranked winning elections and remaining in power on higher priorities than security and integrity of the country.
37. Increasing population of Bangladesh Bangladesh declared Islam as state religion in 1988. Muslim personal law sanctions a plurality of wives. They do not practice Family Planning. Increasing population results in poverty and Lebensraum.
38. Bangladesh- Haven forSmugglers Bangladesh is a transit point for drugs and precious stones. Myanmar cannot send drugs to Bangladesh without traveling through India’s North East. Bangladeshi ports are outlets for this illegal trade.
39. Drugs Trade About 80% of heroin from Myanmar is sent through this route. The entire operation fetches 600 to 1,000 crore Indian rupees annually. About one-fifth of this amount goes into the pockets of very important people of these countries.
40. Bangladeshi Lebensraum Bangladesh’s prerogative to increase its population just as it pleases. Bangladesh consider it as their divine right to migrate in search of “lebensraum”. Bangladesh consider it as a responsibility of the neighboring countries to provide jobs, shelter and food to its illegal immigrants.
41. Assam-If they want to survive in their land Refuse to sell their land to any Bangladeshi, at any cost offered. Ask the politicians what his stand on the Bangladeshi issue is. Ask the elected representatives, what progress has been made towards the detection, disfranchisement and deportation of foreign nationals.
42. Population of Assam Assam Population increased from 3.29 million to 14.6 million within 70 years16141210 8 Assam Population 6 4 2 0 1901 1971
43. Population of Assam Assam population has doubled itself within 30 years because of massive infiltration from Bangladesh. AGP Reveled: No government has the courage to say that it would prefer to rather fall than to remain a government for the illegal immigrants.
44. Works on “role of Indian army” by Secular Bangladeshi intellectuals was pilloried and banned. Bangladesh has emerged as the biggest illegal arms bazaar in the South Asia region. It is Unrealistic to that believe that the conditions under which Bangladesh was born would remain that forever
45. Islamic countries to helpTerrorist The United Nations settled the refugee crises eventually. But wealthy Saudi Arabian charity Rabita al Alam al Islami began sending aid to the Rohingya refugees in 1978. In 1980, more redical elements among the Rohingyas broke away from the RPF to set up the Rohingya Solidarity Organization (RSO).
46. General Ziaur Rahman In 1977, he de-secularized the constitution, legitimized the banned, communal and Islamist fundamentalist parties. He shifted the country’s foreign policy towards forging close ties with Pakistan, China, Saudi Arabia other Muslim countries.
47. Relations of Bangladesh withPakistan Bangladesh’s intelligence community NSI and the DGFI have close links with Pakistan’s Intelligence community ISI. Bangladesh-Pakistan relations are too close, including ties of marriages. The ISI and the DGFI have been conjointly fomenting cross-border terrorism in India’s north-east.
48. DGFI Directorate General of Forces Intelligence DGFI supports ATTF and the NLFT for frequently killing and kidnapping Bengali Hindus for Ransom. DGFI bribes the Indian journalists and Editor. At the marriage of the daughter of a Kolkata-based journalist, the DGFI supplied a quintal of Hilsha fish.
49. Al-Qaeda ISI in the mid-1990s had been instrumental in creating the Taliban movement and also had extensive contacts with Al-Qaeda. Soon after Taliban were expelled, 3,000 Al-Qaeda fugitives from Afghanistan fled to Pakistan, and thence to Bangladesh via Nepal.
50. DGFI-Political contact in India During the last parliamentaryelections in India 2004, about 7candidates received significantamounts of money from DGFI in Kolkata
51. DGFI has classified Indian journalists and media commentators in four categories. Reds: Die-hard anti-Bangladeshi Pink: Opposed to the present BNP- Jamaat regime Yellow: Actively cooperative, but do not want others to about it Green: most trusted, serve Bangladesh with great dedication
52. Greens in India There are about 30 Greens in India They are among newspaper and TV reporters, news editors, political editors, bureau chiefs, resident editors, correspondents of foreign media house, freelancers and executive aditors. DGFI pays them.
53. Illegal Bangladeshi Muslim- migrants in Assam According to 1971 census, districts of Assam, Dhubri, Barpeta, Hailakandi and Goalpara are Muslim Majority Districts. Three other Districts, Karimganj, Nagaon and Morigaon had more than 40% Muslim Population.
54. Globalization of IslamIn an Interview with the Karachi-basednewspaper, Ummat on 28September, 2001, bin laden said:“There are areas in all parts of the worldwhere strong jihadi forces are present, fromBosnia to Sudan, and from Burma toKashmir,”
55. Society can not hope to survive unless itcan provide all services it needs fromwithin.A society that lacks skilled and unskilledworkers is removed or replaced.Today no society can survive, without itsfull complement of skilled and semi-skilled workers.