1. Jonne van WijngaardenNew Business Development Controller@ PhilipsFocus on Finance, IT and a little bit ofmarket researchSleeping ID: When I go to bed I sleepimmediately. Always. However, when I wakeup in the morning it usually takes a shower,coffee and a 1 hr drive to work before I’mcompletely awake.
2. Philips tries to simplify healthcare throughcombining unique clinical expertise with human insightsto develop innovations that ultimatelyhelp to improve the quality of people’s lives.
3. Thomas TrochDedicated Community Manager@ InSites ConsultingFocus on co-creation, design research andservice designSleeping ID: Right before I go to bed, I like toread, check blogs or watch TV on iPhone oriPad with a drink. When I wake up in themiddle of the night, this is often because thesedevices aren’t very comfortable to sleep on…
4. Sleep has been identifiedContextas one of the key marketsand innovation opportunities for Philips.
5. 3 month project launched to assessAssignmentsleep market in Asia Pacific region.Objective was assess market potentialand advise on go-to-market.
6. Market size and opportunitiesQuick scanin China, India and Japan assessed via desk research.Decision to zoom in on China opportunities in phase 2,with request to focus on building consumer insights.
7. How to build unique insights aboutChallengesChinese sleeping behavioursand the Chinese sleep market,that go beyond already available quantitative insights.
8. How to dealChallengeswith the Chinese language?
9. How to dealChallengeswith a cycle time of only 9 weeksbetween initial phone call and reporting?
10. An online research community in ChinaSolutionallows Philips to connect with the cultureover a longer period in time.
11. Solution Sleep Well Community EXPLORE REVIEW PARTICIPANTS SOLUTION wEEK CONNECTION CO-RESEACHERS UNIQUE VIEW ON THE LIFE OF THE TARGET GROUP
12. Solution Sleep Well Community HEALTH AND WELL-BEING IN CHINA SLEEPING HABITS SLEEPING PROBLEMS REVIEW SOLUTIONS PHILIPS BRAND AND SOLUTIONS COMMUNITY FUNNEL
15. Co-rearchers challenge our analysis.Crowd interpretation- Explaining findings we don’t fully understand- Illustrating findings with personal examples
16. Co-rearchers challenge our analysis.Crowd interpretation- Explaining findings we don’t fully understand- Illustrating findings with personal examples- Going beyond first impressions
17. Crowd interpretation Example
18. Result Confirmation of market potential in China justifiedfurther work on product positioning and concept testing.InSites approach proven to bevaluable marketing toolto build high quality qualitative insights in a limited timeframe.
19. “[…]Last but not the least, I would like to say thank you Philips organized such a positive community for all of us and thank you everyone in this big family . You make me learn more and make me confident more. I am very happy andhonored to join this fantastic community.This is a really precious experience for me in my life how I can cure my sleeping or ” not. See you!