2. What is a Baseline Project Plan?– All the information collected during project initiation and planning is collected and organized into a document called the Baseline Project Plan.
3. Walkthrough• Once the BPP is completed, formal review of the project shall be conducted with project clients and other interested parties. This presentation is called walkthrough. This is performed first before proceeding to the next phase of the SDLC.
4. 4 major sections of BPP:1. Introduction2. System Description3. Feasibility Assessment4. Management Issues
5. 1. Introduction – To provide a brief overview of the entire document and outline a recommended course of action for the project. – Often limited to few pages only.
6. Factors on determining project scope:• Which organizational units (business functions and divisions) might be affected by or use the proposed system or system change?• With which current systems might the proposed system need to interact or be consistent, or which current systems might be changed due to a replacement system?• Who inside and outside the requesting organization (or the organization as a whole) might care about the proposed system?• What range of potential system capabilities are to be considered?
7. 2. System Description - outline possible alternative solutions in addition to the one deemed most appropriate for the given situation. examples: 1. Mainframe with central database 2. Distributed with decentralized databases 3. Batch data input with on-line retrieval 4. Purchasing of a prewritten package
8. 3. Feasibility Assesment - issues related to project costs and benefits, technical difficulties, and other such concerns are outlined. - PERT and Gantt Chart
9. 4. Management Issues - a number of managerial concerns related to the project.