IASTA's "Procurement Leadership in the Perfect Storm," featuring OfficeMax
- 1,608 views
Procurement Leadership in the Perfect Storm (featuring Iasta and OfficeMax) ...
Procurement Leadership in the Perfect Storm (featuring Iasta and OfficeMax)
The current economic crisis that continues to negatively impact global markets has dramatically altered the competitive landscape for corporations. Every day, the news is the same. Demand, revenue, profits, and shareholder value are all down while the costs and risks of doing business are all up.
This “Perfect Storm” of economic conditions has created a once-in-a-career opportunity for procurement leaders to change the storyboard around procurement. By transforming the role of procurement from a cost center functionary to a must-have strategic partner, you can seize the opportunity to redefine procurement as a key driver of increased profits, market share growth, and competitive differentiation.
In this webinar we will share four basic strategies that underpin a successful procurement transformation:
1. Structure and plan a procurement transformation for your enterprise;
2. Package the initiative to ensure cross-functional executive sponsorship;
3. Socialize and sell the initiative to the leadership of every business unit; and then
4. Successfully execute the transformation and forever change procurement’s role in your enterprise
We will also share some tactical tools that can help achieve your transformative goals:
- Increase the amount of spend under management
- Leverage new technology to conduct opportunity & savings assessment
- Develop and refine the existing procurement organizational structure to include a center of excellence
- Establish cross-functional team to leverage resident subject matter experts
- Fully optimize every dollar spent on external goods and services
- Deliver implemented savings to the company’s bottom-line
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views