2. ¿Quién es ISE?• Intercultural Student Experiences, a nonprofit educational organization since 1972• Strong emphasis on language and cultural immersion• Mission: To inspire and educate students of the world through experiential learning across cultures
3. ¿Por qué ISE?• Emphasis on language usage & family stay• 40 years of experience and knowledgeable staff• 24-hour on-call emergency phone while group is abroad• ISE Student Code of Conduct• Financial aid• Health and trip cancellation insurance coverage
4. Nuestro Destino: Peru
5. ¿Cómo se prepara para el viaje?• As a group we will get familiar with Peru and the places we’ll visit: • Classroom discussions • Learn about culture, customs, traditions with assistance from ISE Beyond the Classroom • Internet research for trip• Seek out additional opportunities to practice Spanish
6. ¿Qué vamos a hacer en Peru?• Visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas• Take the train to Machu Picchu• Enjoy a boat ride on Lake Titicaca where you will visit: • Floating Islands of the Uros people and Isla Taquile • Explore the cosmopolitan and historic capital city of Lima
7. ¿Por qué quedarnos con una familia peruana?• Opportunity for students to observe and partake indaily life in Peru, creating global contacts on a personlevel•To practice using Spanish in a real life setting• Because ISE’s commitment is to offer students theultimate cultural immersion program abroad
8. Hechos interesantes sobre las familias peruanas• Families live in suburban areas of Cusco• It is uncommon for Peruvian teenagers to have a part- time job while still in high school or college• In order to get your drivers license in Peru you must be at least 18 years of age
9. Más hechos interesantes sobre las familias peruanas• Mid-day meals are thelargest meals of the day,and are usually eatenanytime from around 1-3pm• Dinner, which is smaller, iseaten between 7-10pm• Families will provide youwith boiled or bottled wateras the tap water is not safefor us to drink
10. ¿Cómo elijen a las familias?• ISE Family Stay Coordinators: teachers, community leaders, or individuals connected to churches & other community organizations• Host families chosen by ISE Family Stay Coordinators• Families complete application and have a home visit prior to acceptance
11. Más información sobre las familias• Host families are expected to provide room, board, and genuine cultural experience for student• ISE traveler might share a room with a host sibling of the same gender, but is required to have his/her own bed
12. Detalles Importantes• Program travel dates• Approximate price • *Fuel surcharges now included in price • Add-on’s • Trip inclusions and exclusions
13. Seguro Médico y de Accidente• Included in program price• $50,000 maximumcoverage• Coverage details availableon ISE website•$250 deductible
14. Seguro sobre cancelación por razones médicas • Included in program price • Valid for cancellation due to medical issues affecting participants or immediate family • $1,000 max coverage
15. ¿Cómo y cuándo lo voy a pagar?
16. Fechas de pago - viajes de primavera Spring Programs Early Bird registration deadline: June 15 Final registration deadline: October 1 June 15 (Early Bird) $500 October 1 (final) Due with program application November 1 $800 December 1 $800 January 15 Balance
17. Fechas de pago - viajes de verano Early Bird registration deadline: June 15Summer Programs Final registration deadline: October 15June 15 (Early Bird) $500October 15 (final) Due with program applicationNovember 15 $1000January 15 $1000March 15 Balance
18. Haz un plan financiero• Consider ISE’s financial aid & fundraising• ISE Early Bird Discount: save $200• Participate in ISE’s US Hosting Program and receive a discount on your own ISE trip (not available in all areas)
19. Apoyo económico •ISE provides need based financial aid • Financial Aid Grant Calculator and Application on website
20. ¿Cómo se inscribe?• Student Application in English• Code of Conduct signed by participant & parent/guardian• Family Stay Application in Spanish• $500 deposit check or money order• Save $200 with Early Bird sign-up by June 15th• Send “Dear Host Family” letter & photos by fall enrollment deadline• Don’t forget to apply for your passport!
21. Comentarios de viajeros ily amily . My fam g of a S panish f ore acceptin amember’ m ed to be Student, WV ming I learn panish“I love d ‘beco ul and loving. s. ” S w onderf eople and foodw a s so ew p and o pe n t o n “I am so glad I went with ISE on this trip, the people, the family stay, the food, the guides, the day visits, my teacher, and my classmates all made this trip a success!” Spanish Student, WI “…the best p art is not whahear about in ty stories, its w ou see in pictures and hat you find fo r your Spanish Stud self.” ent, MN
22. Resumen de detalles importantes• ISE’s Peru program provides language and cultural immersion in a real life setting• ISE’s valuable family stay experience cannot be obtained through a tour only program• ISE’s Early Bird sign up allows me to save $200 and plenty of time to fundraise, submit your application and deposit by June 15 to ensure your Early Bird discount! ¡Nos vemos en Peru!