2. ¿Quien es ISE?• Intercultural Student Experiences, a nonprofit educational organization since 1972• Strong emphasis on language and cultural immersion• Mission: To inspire and educate students of the world through experiential learning across cultures.
3. ¿Por qué ISE?• Emphasis on language usage & family stay• 40 years of experience and knowledgeable staff• 24-hour on-call emergency phone while group is abroad• ISE Student Code of Conduct• Financial aid• Health and trip cancellation insurance coverage
4. Nuestro Destino: México
5. ¿Como se prepara para el viaje?• As a group we will get familiar with Mexico and the places we’ll visit: • Classroom discussions • Learn about culture, customs, traditions with assistance from ISE study units • Internet research for trip• Seek out additional opportunities to practice Spanish
6. ¿Qué vamos a hacer en México?• Marvel at the Aztec ruins of Teotihuacan, or, the Mayan ruins of Chichén Itzá• Enjoy a visit to the lovely silver city of Taxco, or, take in the charm of beautiful, colonial Oaxaca• Splash around in the warm waters of the Pacific coast in Acapulco or Huatulco, or, the tropical waters of the Caribbean coast in the Riviera Maya
7. ¿Por qué quedarnos con una familia mexicana?• To fulfill ISE’s commitment to offer students culturalimmersion opportunities abroad• Opportunity for students to observe and partake indaily life in Mexico, make global connections on apersonal level•To practice using Spanish in a real life setting
8. ¿Como se seleccionan las familias?• ISE Family Stay Coordinators: teachers, community leaders, or individuals connected to churches & other community organizations• Host families chosen by ISE Family Stay Coordinators• Families complete application and have a home visit prior to acceptance
9. Más informacion sobre las familias• Host families are expected to provide room, board, and genuine cultural experience for student• ISE traveler might share a room with a host sibling of the same gender, but is required to have his/her own bed
10. Detalles Importantes• Program travel dates• Approximate price • *Fuel surcharges now included in price • Add-on’s • Trip inclusions and exclusions
11. Seguro Medico y de Accidente• Included in program price• $25,000 maximumcoverage• Coverage details availableon ISE website
12. Seguro sobre cancelacion por razones medicas • Included in program price • Valid for cancellation due to medical issues affecting participants or immediate family • $1,000 max coverage
13. ¿Como y cuando lo voy a pagar?
14. Fechas de pago - viajes de primavera Spring Programs Early Bird registration deadline: June 15 Final registration deadline: October 1 June 15 (Early Bird) $500 October 1 (final) Due with program application November 1 $800 December 1 $800 January 15 Balance
15. Fechas de pago - viajes de verano Early Bird registration deadline: June 15Summer Programs Final registration deadline: October 15June 15 (Early Bird) $500October 15 (final) Due with program applicationNovember 15 $1000January 15 $1000March 15 Balance
16. Haz un plan financiero• Consider ISE’s financial aid & fundraising• ISE Early Bird Discount: save $200• Participate in ISE’s US Hosting Program and receive a discount on your own ISE trip
17. Apoyo economico • ISE provides need based financial aid • Financial Aid Grant Calculator and Application on website
18. ¿Como se inscribe?• Student Application in English• Code of Conduct signed by participant & parent/guardian• Family Stay Application in Spanish• $500 deposit check or money order• Save $200 with Early Bird sign-up by June 15th• Send “Dear Host Family” letter & photos by fall enrollment deadline• Don’t forget to apply for your passport!
19. Comentarios de viajeros ISE ily amily . My fam ing of [m y host] f more accept ember’ o be ng a m ing. I learned t nish Student, W V ‘bec omi v a“I loved onderful and lo nd foods.” Spw a s so w ple a n to new peo and ope “I am so glad I went with ISE on this trip, the people, the family stay, the food, the guides, the day visits, my teacher, and my classmates all made this trip a success!” Spanish Student, WI “…the best p art is not whahear about in ty stories, its w ou see in pictures and hat you find fo r your Spanish Stud self.” ent, MN
20. Resumen de detalles importantes• ISE’s Mexico program provides language and cultural immersion in a real life setting• ISE’s valuable family stay experience cannot be obtained through a tour only program• ISE’s Early Bird sign up allows me to save $200 and plenty of time to fundraise, submit your application and deposit by June 15 to ensure your Early Bird discount! ¡Nos vemos en Mexico!