4. 3 Global Mega Trends Evolving Business Models 1 Technology 2 Advancements 3 Changing4 Workforce
5. DEMOGRAPHICS• Population growth – 7.8b people by 2025 – Rise of the Digital Native• Urbanisation – Cities expanding by 60millon people annually• Globalisation – Trebling of global middle class by 2030• Connectivity – 2bn online today, 4bn by 2020 – Digital Content doubles every12-18 months• Market – Mobile internet is 10x size of desktop internet
6. Technological Advancements New ways to serve & new virtual industries created Create 8x more 130M Enterprise users data1 in Mobile Cloud3 2005 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2020 Mankind created 150 Mobile apps 2T devices connect to exabytes of digital data1 download > 21B2 the internet4 1. “The data deluge: Businesses, governments and society are only starting to tap its vast potential,” The Economist, Feb. 25, 2010. http://www.economist.com/node/15579717 2. Dataquest Insight: Application Stores; The Revenue Opportunity Beyond the Hype, Stephanie Baghdassarian, Carolina Milanesi; 16 December 2009 3. Juniper Research, http://www.juniperresearch.com/viewpressrelease.php?id=210&pr=181 4. “The Difference Engine: Chattering Objects,” The Economist, Aug. 13, 2010. http://www.economist.com/node/210095056
7. Technology TransformationsTransformed by photonics and memristors – Photonics will move onto chips and reduce cooling requirements dramatically – Memristor - Invented by HP • Seen as similar in impact to the scanning tunnelling electron microsocopeDisplays – Move to plastics rather than glass – Screens will have 600 to 1200dpi..this is magazine print qualityCeNSE – IT ecosystem that senses, collects, sends and analyzes massive amounts of information about our built environment in real time – Deploy billions of inexpensive, interconnected sensors7
8. STRATEGIC ROLE OF IT CHANGINGIT becomes the builder and broker of services TRANSFORM legacy MANAGE AND infrastructure and SECURE across applications and legacy applications processes and cloud assets BUILD on-premises CONSUME cloud services off-premises services securely 8
9. Accelerate IT with HP Converged Infrastructure Storage Servers AUTOMATE Network HP Converged VIRTUALISE Power, cooling Infrastructure & facilities Management software STANDARDISE Security Services KEY STEPS
10. HP Converged SystemsAccelerating time-to-application value Storage CLOUDSYSTEM Servers VIRTUALSYSTEMNetworking Management software APPSYSTEMS
11. HP CloudSystemThe most complete, integrated, open system to build and manage cloudsKey differentiators – Single services view across private, public and hybrid cloud – Multi-hypervisor, multi-OS, heterogeneous infrastructure – Intelligent automation and lifecycle management; application-to-infrastructure – Scalability & elasticity – Converged Infrastructure built for the cloud 11
12. HP CloudSystem offeringsBuilt on proven Converged Infrastructure and Cloud Service Automation CloudSystem Matrix CloudSystem Enterprise CloudSystem Service Provider • Aggregate cloud services for public • Unify management across private, and hosted private clouds • Deploy a robust private cloud quickly hybrid, and traditional IT • Optimised for multi-tenancy • Infrastructure and basic application • Advanced application-to-infrastructure • Customer-unique portal experience provisioning in minutes lifecycle management • CloudStart service offering • Highly flexible, scalable, customisable solution
13. HP CloudSystem cloud burstingHP INNOVATION
14. HYBRID DELIVERY SPEED INNOVATION ACCELERATE BUSINESS PROCESSES Traditional Public REDUCE TIME TO Private REVENUE Hybrid Delivery Cloud Environment seamlessly manages services delivery from public, private and traditional IT sources16
15. HP POWERS THE WORLD’S BIGGEST CLOUDSTODAY8 out of 10 4 out of 5 7 out of 10 3 most of the world’s largest of the world’s largestof the world’s mosttrafficked web sites search engines cloud service providers popular social media properties in the U.S. 100’s of private clouds deployed 17
17. The INSTANT-ON ENTERPRISE is here.A JOURNEY THROUGH IT INNOVATION29TH NOVEMBER – 1ST DECEMBER VIENNA, AUSTRIAHP Discover is the showcase technology event where you willlearn what it takes to start your Instant-On Enterprise journey.Held annually this event brings the power of people, technologyand ideas together to solve your most difficult enterprise ITchallenges.LEARN MORE and REGISTERhp.com/go/discover
18. FILL IN YOUR FEEDBACK FORMTO ENTER A COMPETITION TO WIN AN HP TOUCHPAD !!
19. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN THE HP EXPERIENCE!! THANK YOU.
20. YOUR YEAR-ROUND IT RESOURCE – access to everything you’ll need to know
21. THE WHOLETECHNOLOGY STACKfrom start to finish
22. COMMENT & ANALYSISInsights, interviews and the latest thinking on technology solutions
23. VIDEOYour source of live information – all the presentations from our live events
24. TECHNOLOGY LIBRARY Over 3,000 whitepapers,case studies, product overviews and press releases from all the leading IT vendors
25. EVENTS, WEBINARS & PRESENTATIONS Missed the event? Download the presentations thatinterest you. Catch up with convenient webinars. Plan your next visit.
26. DirectoryA comprehensive A-Z listing providing in-depth company overviews