1. Individual Collective Intelligence & Wisdom of Crowds A Paradigm Shift
2. Collective Intelligence We always knew – groups are better than just individuals in solving problems:
3. Collective Intelligence Rise of Internet: loosely organized crowds of people! Google, Wikipedia, Threadless and several others….
4. Availability of Information two bankers…. … praise the benefits of the new information technology age!
5. Criticism <ul><li>Individual Collective Intelligence </li></ul><ul><li>good to get a democratic consensus </li></ul><ul><li>good to establish market prices </li></ul><ul><li>bad for development of creativity, art and unconventional ideas </li></ul>
6. … even if you try to make it work, mind the potential pitfalls!
7. So, here are the genes of Collective Intelligence
8. Who and Why Who? Hierachy versus Crowd Why? Money, Love, Glory
9. What and How What? Create or Decide How? Group Decision or Individual Decision (Voting, Averaging, Markets, Consensus) Collaboration or Collection
10. An Example The Collective Intelligence Genome for LINUX
11. Our Project…INVESTTOR „Mitmachfonds“ www.investtor.de Group Decision (Voting, Markets) Money, Glory Crowd (People invested) Actual Stock Picking Decide Hierachy and Collaboration Money, Glory Hierachy Portfolio Ideas, Combination Create How Why Who What INVESTTOR