2. 4 Points to make: Smart phones are Radically changing our lives Now The Audience for newspaper consumption has never been Greater The audience is greatest amongst the Wealthiest But its Digital & the consumers in Control2.
3. iPods Changed Media Industry…iPhones Ramped Even Faster… iPad Growth (3x iPhone) Leaves “Siblings” in Dust3.
4. Android „Phone‟ Adoption Has Ramped Even Faster – nearly 6x iPhone4.
5. Smartphone User Adoption Has Huge Upside5.
6. Global Smartphone + Tablet Installed Base Should Exceed PC Installed Base in Q2:13E6.
7. Global Mobile Traffic Growing Rapidly to 13% of Internet Traffic7.
8. Mobile Monetization Growing Rapidly (71% Apps, 29% Ads)8.
9. Mobile Internet Usage Surpassed More Highly Monetized Desktop Internet Usage in May, 2012, in India9.
10. But Globally Press has Twice as many readers as Internet users Audience is not the issue. Revenue model still is.10.
11. And Newspaper appetite is greatest where the wealth is11.
12. This is leading to a significant shift in consumers lives12.
14. The Switch is from Asset Heavy to Asset Light14.
22. But by 2015 - 85% of books will still be paper22.
23. Magnitude of Upcoming Change Will be (is) Stunning – We are Still in Spring Training• Nearly Ubiquitous High-Speed Wireless Access in Developed Countries• Unprecedented Global Technology Innovation• Ultra Competitive Markets for Mobile Operating Systems + Devices• Difficult ‘What Do I Have to Lose’ Economic Environment for Many• Fearless (& Connected) Consumers• Inexpensive Devices / Access / Services (Apps)• Ability to Reach Millions of New Users in Record (& Accelerating) Time• Nearly ‘Plug & Play’ Environment For Entrepreneurs – Marketplaces / Web Services / Distributed Work / Innovative Productivity Tools / Low ‘Start Up’ Cost• Beautiful / Relevant / Personalized Content for Consumers23.