IBM Oil | IBM Provides Solutions for Improving Asset Management
IBM Sales and Distribution Chemicals and petroleum
chemicals and petroleum
Today’s chemicals and petroleum companies are constantly challenged
Highlights: to optimize business processes for more effective asset management
and improved global operations. Typically standing in the way, how-
● Improve operating margins through ever, are numerous siloed applications deployed across the enterprise,
optimal use of business and IT assets
each with a unique reference and data model that produces incomplete
● Boost operational efficiencies and and fragmented views of both upstream and downstream operations.
accuracy with increased automation
● Facilitate compliance with health, safety Integrated service management solutions for chemicals and petroleum
and environmental regulations from IBM provide a comprehensive, uniﬁed approach that can improve
● Respond to market ﬂuctuations with production and lower capital and operating costs across your value
greater speed and insight chain. The key is optimizing the management and performance of your
assets and infrastructure. Whether at a remote platform or reﬁnery or
a centralized production location, our solutions are designed to
increase operational efficiencies and integrate critical information
across siloed systems, applications and departments to help overcome
operational disconnects, unnecessary risk and incomplete decision
Through end-to-end visibility of all asset information—including pre-
ventive service histories, measures, calibrations and information in
near-real time about how your infrastructure is operating—we can help
you understand and control the maintenance and health impact of your
assets and comply with demanding security, regulatory and service-
level requirements. Using an effective strategy that integrates business
processes and your IT infrastructure, our solutions can help:
● Improve visibility of critical assets, systems and operations in near-
real time, so you can:
– Understand your business end to end for actionable insights that
help speed decision making.
– Maximize return on assets by extending their life through better
performance and predictive maintenance.
– Facilitate regulatory compliance.
– Boost asset availability, ﬂexibility and reliability to respond better
to market ﬂuctuations.
– Assess the health of critical business services and associated
service-level agreements (SLAs).