1. THE PACE OF CHANGE• Radio took 38 years to reach 50 million listeners.• TV took 13 years to reach 50 million viewers.• The Internet took four years.• The iPod took three years.• Tablet sales to hit 126 million in 2012• Facebook added 100 million users in less than 9 months.• iPhone applications hit 1 billion in 9 months.
2. • In US, 77% use TV & internet simultaneously (Nielsen)• 50% do so every day (Google/Clustalabs)• 87% of US smartphone and 88% of tabletowners use it while watching TV (Nielsen)• 44% of total tablet usage is while watching TV (Nielsen)• 72% of under 25’s in the UK comment onprograms via social networks (Digital Clarity)• 62% of TV viewers pick up the phone as soon as TVadvertising break starts. (Nielsen)
3. Thuiscoach• Second screennow in 3rdseason, 17 ep’s• Frequent calls toaction• 24/7 pre-showgameplay and liveplay along• iOS & Android• Last season:650K downloads• On TV graphics,‘Red Room’coverage
4. • Metadata(zeetags)provides links tofind out moreabout the show. • zeetags tiedin with Twitter,Wikipedia andAppledownloads. • zeetags tiedin with news
6. SPG• When Internet and TVcollide, thousands ofchannels will become tensof thousands. • What your friends watchand what your social graphwatch will help you findcontent.• EPG goes backwards towatch shows you may havemissed.
7. Second ScreenElectionsNetherlands 2012• ‘Realtime sentiment’,polls, votes• Award ‘last word’ in 1on 1• Pick debate winner• Social: compare friends,follow twitter, share• Presenter & TV graphicsfeedback• Reports & (social)analysis, widgets
8. Impact• 3 big debatespowered by secondscreen• Next-day poll swingsfollow second screen• Huge increase ofvisibility and awarenessfor second screen• A mix of excitementand fear among theestablishment• Better prediction thanofficial polls
9. TV YOU WANT TO WATCH WHEN YOU WANT IT ON WHAT SCREEN YOU WANT IT ON• Reduction of artificial scarcity TV ON DEMAND• Releasing the chains of scheduling PULLED NOT PUSHED• Setting TV free like music industry