1. Agriculture Outreach<br />Office of Motor Vehicle Enforcement<br />Iowa Department of Transportation<br />
2. DISCLAIMER<br />This slide module is intended to summarize commercial Vehicle rules and regulations and is not intended to be used for legal guidance or as a substitute for applicable local, state, and federal statutes. <br />While every attempt has been made to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the information contained in this presentation, it is not a detailed explanation of all applicable local, state and federal statutes.<br />The module is part of a larger presentation and as such is only part of a summary of regulations that may or may not apply to you.<br />By use of this resource, the user agrees the Iowa Department of Transportation assumes no liability or responsibility for the user’s understanding and compliance to the rules and regulations<br />
3. Farm exemptions<br />I thought I was Exempt<br />
4. Federal farm exemptions<br />What exemptions?<br />Farm vehicle driver exceptions mainly <br />deal with driver requirements.<br /> Driver age<br /> Medical certification<br /> Driver qualification<br /> Driver qualification files and records<br /> Work hours – planting and harvest<br /> CDL within 150 air miles of home <br /> farm<br />
5. Federal farm exemptions<br />150 air-mile radius<br />The 150 air-mile radius starts at the home farm and may extend <br />into surrounding states, creating <br />an operating one for farm vehicle operations.<br />
6. Iowa farm exemptions<br />The Iowa Code allows exceptions for intrastate farm drivers that stay within the boundaries of the state.<br />1. Age requirements<br />2. Medical requirements<br />Hours of service requirements<br />
7. Iowa farm exemptions<br />Intrastate farm exceptions are lost when:<br /><ul><li>Crossing state lines.
8. Transporting for hire.
9. Transporting cargo not for the farm.</li></li></ul><li>Contact information<br />Motor Vehicle EnforcementInformation Line<br />800-925-64691<br />E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org<br />www.iamvd.com<br />