General Information about Japan

1,141 views
880 views

Published on

I made this slideshow as my presentation in the class. It contents general information of Japan, such as location, weather, education system, politics, lifestyle, food and drink so on and so forth.

Published in: Travel, News & Politics
0 Comments
1 Like
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total views
1,141
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
281
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
45
Comments
0
Likes
1
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

General Information about Japan

  1. 1. Presentation Lecturer: Sok Chanthou Group: 5 Japan, Country in My Dream 1, Chem David 2, Heng HuyHuang 3, Lo Lida
  2. 2.  General Information  Educational System  Health Care System  Healthy Food  Transportation  Festival  Tourism
  3. 3.  Meaning of Japan  Japan, in Chinese, is “日本”  日= Sun  本= Origin  Japan means Sun-Origin, which is referred to the “Land of the Rising”
  4. 4.  Japan is an island nation in East Asia.  It locates in the Pacific Ocean, it lies to the east of the Sea of Japan, China, North Korea, South Korea and Russia, stretching from the Sea of Okhotsk in the north to the East China Sea and Taiwan in the south.
  5. 5. • Japan has 6582 islands=377,900km2 • The 4 largest islands, Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu and Shikoku. • Tokyo is the capital city of Japan.
  6. 6.  Japan has the world’s tenth-largest population, with over 127 million people.  Life expectancy: Male 80.57 years, Female 87.43 years  Average salary: 250,000yen/month  Languages: Japanese
  7. 7.  Unitary parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy  Prime minister is Yoshihiko Noda  Emperor: Akihito  Empress: Michiko
  8. 8.  The average yearly temperatures: 16.3-23.1°C Spring Summer Autumn Winter
  9. 9.  Most Japanese consider themselves Buddhist, Shintoism, or both.  Small among of Japanese believe in Christianity, Islam, Hinduism.
  10. 10. History of education in Japan • Formal education in Japan began with the adoption of Chinese culture in the 6th century. • Scholars officials were chosen through an imperial examination system.
  11. 11.  The school year in Japan begins in April and classes are held from Monday to either Friday or Saturday, depending on the school.  The school year consists of two or three terms, which are separated by short holidays in spring and winter, and a six week long summer break.
  12. 12. The Jikei University Hospital • The Health Care system in Japan provides healthcare services, including screening examinations, prenatal care and infectious disease control.
  13. 13.  The patients accepting responsibility for 30%of the costs while the government pays the remaining 70%.  Payment for personal medical services is offered through a Universal Health Care insurance system that provides relative equality of access, with the fees set by government committee.
  14. 14.  Some Ingredients of healthy Japanese cooking Tofu - curd made from soya beans Shiitake-mushrooms Prawn - shellfish Soba noodles - buckwheat flour Wakame - seaweed
  15. 15.  Major cities and towns provide some kind of public Railways ◦ Train ◦ Airplane ◦ Bus ◦ Ship ◦ Car
  16. 16. Lantern floating festival Coming-of-age festival Snow festival
  17. 17. Mount Fuji Himeji Castle Ginza, Tokyo
  18. 18. References  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan  http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_languages_do_J apanese_speak  http://shockerz.wordpress.com/2009/10/23/top-10- reasons-why-people-want-to-live-in-japan/  http://gojapan.about.com/cs/weather/a/climateinjapan .htm  http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e629.html  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Japan  http://www.education-in-japan.info/sub1.html
  19. 19.  http://www.naturalelixir.com/longlife.html  http://word.office.live.com/wv/WordView.aspx?FBsrc=https% 3A%2F%2  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_in_Japan  http://theakiba.com/major-festivals-japan  www.timeanddate.com › Calendar › Holidays › Japan  http://jvhirniak.hubpages.com/hub/Top-Ten-Places-to- Visit-in-Japan  http://www.lonelyplanet.com/japan/travel-tips-and- articles/76477
  20. 20. Thank You For Your Attention!!! ありがと う ありがとう

×