This Kit should be installed on bikes with after market ...
For technical questions or assistance email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 623-869-7154
Congratulations on your purchase of the HONDA 1300 VTX Thunder Air Filter Kit. We’re sure you’ll be pleased with
the new level of performance you’ll experience. This kit should be installed on bikes with After Market Exhaust. We
recommend that an experienced mechanic perform this conversion. It is very helpful to have the appropriate Honda
service manual on hand for reference. Remember, gasoline is extremely flammable and can be explosive under
certain conditions. Work in a well-ventilated area and clean up any spills immediately. Check for leaks before
Read First HONDA 1300 ADAPTOR
1) Remove Seat QTY PARTS LIST
1 1300 ADAPTOR
2) Remove fuel tank.
1 1300 BRACKET
a. Remove 12mm bolt at base of tank. 5 M5-.8 X 12 SOCKET HD CAP SCREW
b. Turn petcock off and disconnect the fuel line. 2 M6-1 X 16 FLAT SOCKET HD CAP SCREW
c. Slide tank back and disconnect the two green electrical connectors. 1 1300 SQUARE NUT
3) Remove stock air cleaner cover and filter. 1 3/8 RED PLUG
4) Loosen 3 Philips screws and remove 1 - 10 mm bolt inside the stock air box. 1 CRANK CASE BREATHER
1 210 MJ
5) Lift air box from bottom to remove and disconnect hoses and idle knob. 1 INSTRUCTIONS
6) Jet the carburetor per the instructions in the jet kit.
(Dyno Jet Needle 4TH Clip from the top, and use the provided 210 MJ)
7) Insert 3/8” red plug into the large hose under the carburetor.
8) Install the new Thunder adaptor using the 3 – 5mm socket head cap screws furnished in the kit. Make sure to
keep the small hose to the left of the adaptor bracket, and then attach to the crank case breather with the dub
9) Attach the bracket at the bottom mount using the stock bolt (6mm with 10mm Hex Head) and square machined
nut included in the kit.
10) Install the new backing plate with the 2 – m6-1 X 16 flat socket head cap screws.
11) Install the filter & cover.
12) Reinstall the tank – be sure to plug in the green electrical plugs and connect the fuel line.
13) Reinstall the seat Start and let the Thunder rumble!
Tornado or Hurricane Installation:
Use instructions included with the adaptor for your bike and install the adaptor first. With your adaptor installed now attach the
Hurricane – Tornado adaptor plate using the (2) – m6-1 x 16 flat socket head cap screws. Now use the (3) ¼ -20 X ½” chrome
socket heads to bolt on the air kit.
Please note that the Tornado filter is very snug. Filter should be at room temperature or warmer. The rubber does not expand
when cold. Apply Windex or similar to Tunnel and inside of filter flange. Be careful when putting filter on so not to wrinkle
pleats. It is recommended that you hold filter light but firm, at large end with flange.
HONDA 1300HC ADAPTOR
Hyper Charger Installation: QTY PARTS LIST
1 1300 ADAPTOR
Use the instructions step 1 – 9 listed above. With your HC adaptor now installed 1 1300 ADAPTOR BRACKET
attach the Hyper Charger using the 3 – m6-1 x 10 socket head cap screws 5 M5-.8 X 12 SOCKET HD CAP SCREW
included with the HC adaptor and enjoy. 2 M6 X 16 FLAT SOCKET HD CAP SCREW
1 1300 SQUARE NUT
1 3/8 RED PLUG
1 CRANK CASE BREATHER
1 210 MJ
1 MULTI BIKE HYPERCHARGER PLATE
3 M6-1 X 10 SOCKET HD CAP SCREW
This is a Basic Format to aid our Customers
Thunder Mfg. takes no Responsibility for Installation
If you have any Doubt let your Dealer do it.