PAN EUROPEAN TOURS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PAN EUROPEAN TOURS CC t/a PAN TOURS (hereinafter referred to as PAN
TOUR BOOKING FORM
Once the Booking form and the Terms and Conditions, set out hereinafter, have
been signed it will be understood that a contract exists between PAN TOURS and
yourself and that these Terms and Conditions are understood and accepted.
PAN TOURS cannot accept any tour participant without a signed Booking form.
PAYMENT POLICY AND RESERVATIONS
• A deposit of 50 % per person of the tour cost, together with the completed
Booking form, secures your tour
• Payment must be received on Booking
• The balance is due 60 days prior to the start of the tour
• Should the total balance not be received 60 days before the start of the tour
PAN TOURS reserves the right to treat this reservation as cancelled and
charge the cancellation fee (see below)
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
• Cancellations received more than 60 days prior to departure will be subject to
ZAR1000.00 per-person cancellation fee.
• Cancellations received less than 60 days but more than 40 days prior to
departure will be subject to ZAR2000.00 per person cancellation fee.
• Cancellations received less than 40 days but more than 20 days prior to
departure will be subject to a cancellation fee equivalent to 30% of total tour
• Cancellations received less than 20 days prior to tour departure will be subject
to a cancellation fee equivalent to 100% of tour cost. No exception to this
policy can be made for any reason.
Collision damage waiver and theft protection insurance are included in the price. A
deposit – in the amount of R20 000.00 for the Insurance Excess amount, is required
at the time you collect the motorcycle. The deposit to be paid by credit authorization
prior to departing on the tour, and withheld until the motorcycle is cleaned and upon
return, at which point the deposit shall be returned if no damage is found. The bike
will be inspected in your presence prior to departure.
PAN TOURS recommends that you take out personal accident, medical and
adequate travel insurance. These insurances are not in any way included in the tour
price. PAN TOURS accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to your person or
PRICE OF TOUR INCLUDES
1. The rental of the Honda ST1300 Pan European motorcycle including all
2. Motorcycle orientation.
3. The fuel required for the trip, bikes will be clean, checked and refuelled every
morning before you ride.
4. Normal Wear and tear is covered
5. Accommodation in charming, clean and respectable bed and breakfast
accommodation we personally approve of and usually can be ranked or have
ranks of three to four stars.
6. Dinner at a restaurant of our choice or evening Braai (BBQ). We will endeavour
to introduce you to traditional, delicious South African food.
7. Comprehensive Motorcycle insurance (Excluding insurance excess)
8. A backup vehicle to transport luggage (within reason) with a driver that will have
a Public transport licence and be a paramedic or trusted person proficient in
advanced first aid. (Pillion riders will be welcome to ride in the backup vehicle
from time to time if they wish.)
9. A Trailer with spare backup motorcycle and emergency spares.
10. Pickup and drop off at Cape Town International Airport. (If Required)
PRICE OF TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
1. Personal Accident / holiday insurance.
2. Telephone calls.
3. Beverages (alcohol or soft drinks including water)
4. Bikes will not be ridden at night.
5. Fines for Traffic offences.
6. All personal expenditure, including lunch stops.
7. Entry fees for excursions and Toll Fees.
8. All additional expenses not included in the tours itinerary (additional night’s
accommodation pre or post tour etc.).
PASSPORT, VISA, DRIVING AND HEALTH REGULATIONS
The participant is responsible for complying with the above regulations and all
consequences resulting from non-compliance.
RIDER’S DRIVING LICENSES
Riders must be over 25 years of age and hold a Land of Origin and International
Motorcycle Driving License for large bikes. South African citizens must have a code
“A” license with no endorsements. Your license must be carried with you at all times
whilst on tour. (A copy must be submitted to PAN TOURS simultaneous to this
acceptance of terms and conditions or on booking, whichever is the earliest).
Our tours pass through areas where weather conditions can change rapidly. PAN
TOURS cannot be made liable for unpleasant or unsuitable weather conditions and
no refunds are made for such conditions.
GENERAL RIDING / TRAFFIC FINES
It is the participant’s responsibility to abide by the legal traffic regulations, non-
compliance and the consequences thereof, are solely the rider’s responsibility.
Bikers ride at their own risk and are legally liable for injury or damage to fellow
participants or other road users. Each rider is to ride within their own skill level, and
with due care and consideration for their own safety and that of fellow travellers and
other road users. Riders must follow the direction of the tour leader who reserves the
right to terminate a participants riding if he feels that the client is unsafe to himself or
Any traffic fines which may be incurred by yourself for whatsoever offence will be
your responsibility to pay, an administration fee of ZAR 100.00 will be charged.
PAN TOURS – RESPONSIBILITY
PAN TOURS are responsible for providing and arranging an itinerary and services
as described herein, as well as on the website. PAN TOURS are responsible for
travel preparation and reserve the right to change and improve without notice.
Adapting to changing conditions and situations as they arise, may also be done
It is a condition of PAN TOURS and part of South African law that all riders and
pillions wear an approved crash helmet when riding motorcycles. In addition we
insist on adequate gloves as protection for your hands. Sturdy pants must be used
(Ideally leather or Kevlar type) at all times when riding, Jeans will be acceptable but
will be at your discretion. Except for a jacket and helmet provided by PAN TOURS
for the riders riding pillion with the employees of PAN TOURS on Pillion Tours, the
abovementioned gear is not included and/or provided by PAN TOURS.
INDEMNIFICATION OF PAN TOURS
The undersigned accepts that riding a motorcycle can be dangerous, whether riding
solo or pillion, and accepts the risks associated with motorcycle travel at his/her own
expense. PAN TOURS, including all its employees, in whichever capacity, is not
responsible or liable for any loss or damage to personal property. PAN TOURS,
including all its employees, in whichever capacity, is not responsible for loss of life,
limb or any other injury of whatever nature whatsoever.
We reserve the right to change a route should weather conditions make a particular
area / pass dangerous or life threatening in any way.
I the undersigned have read and fully understand and accept all the Terms,
Conditions and Indemnify PAN TOURS as set out in this document as well as on the
website at www.motorcycle-guided-tours-south-africa.com.
FULL NAME: …………………………………………………………
I.D/ PASPORT NO: ………………………………………………………………..